Mango Puttu Recipe | Mambhaza Puttu | with step by step photos and video. A very tasty and healthy breakfast. This is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. It will be enjoyed by all of your family and especially by kids.
Puttu is usually prepared with plain roasted rice flour and grated coconut. Adding yummy ripe mangoes to it makes it more delicious and healthy. You may not need any accompaniments with Mango Puttu.
Mangoes are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. Fresh mangoes are a good source of Potassium. Also it decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and provides a healthy complexion and hair.
How to select mangoes for this recipe?
Select fresh and ripe mangoes like alphonsa mangoes or Badami type.
How to make Mango Puttu Recipe | Mambhaza Puttu ?
Mango Puttu Recipe | Mambhaza Puttu | with step by step photos and video. Firstly, The fresh cut mangoes are blended to a fine paste. This mango paste is mixed in little by little over the rice flour and mix well. Continue this process till the flour becomes wet and smooth. When you roll the mixture into a ball, it should be able to hold shape and crumble easily when you crush it. Fill them into the puttu maker with a layer of grated coconut and steam for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the hot and tasty mango puttu.
In addition, I would highly recommend you to see other puttu variety recipes from our breakfast recipe collection.
Mango Puttu Recipe | Mambhaza PuttuCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Mango Puttu Recipe | Mambhaza Puttu | with step by step photos and video. A very tasty and healthy breakfast.
1 cup Roasted Rice Flour / Store Bought Puttu Podi
1 Ripe Mango
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- Firstly, peel & cut a ripe mango into small pieces.
- Add the mango pieces into a mixie jar & grind to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Now in a bowl add 1 cup puttu podi. Mix it with salt.
- Start adding the ground mango paste little by little into the rice powder.
- Now gently mix with your finger tips, until the powder becomes moist and crumbly, without any lumps. The amount of mango paste required will depend on the quality of rice flour. So you can add accordingly.
- Once it is moist enough, hold little flour between your palms. It should form a lump. When you press this flour lump more, then it breaks and crumbles. This should be the texture of the flour.
- Take a puttu maker. First place the perforated disc inside the puttu vessel. Then add 1 tbsp fresh coconut & some mango pieces. Spread them evenly.
- Then gently add the puttu flour till it reaches the end. As a final layer add some grated coconut & fresh mango pieces.
- Cover it with the lid.
- Now heat some water in a cooker & close the lid without putting weight. Once the steam starts to come out of the hole, place the puttu maker into the hole.
- Steam puttu on medium flame till you see steam releasing from the top vent of the puttu maker. It may take around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from flame & allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid & invert it on a plate and serve it immediately.
- Make sure you use sweet & ripe mangoes.
- You can use a puttu kudam also for this recipe.
- Do not tightly pack the flour into the puttu maker.