Mango Cake in Saucepan| With step by step pics & video| Impressive cake bursting with fresh mango flavor.
This eggless mango cake is super moist, delicious & soft. If you got some fresh ripe mangoes sitting in your pantry, its time to make a delicious mango cake. You will surely love this mango cake recipe. Give a try once.
Who can resist juicy & pulpy mangoes? Of course not me. Since i love this fruit I love recipes made out of this fresh mangoes. The cake has a nice aroma of mangoes along with a light, soft texture.
How to choose mangoes for mango cake?
When you choose mangoes for mango cake, be sure it should be ripe, pulpy & juicy. I personally prefer my favorite mango type, Alphonsa mango. It is the best type of mango.
Can I use canned mango pulp instead of fresh mango pulp to make this eggless cake?
Yes, you can. Just reduce the amount of sugar as mentioned in the recipe notes. Make an Eggless mango cake without butter and eggs from fresh mangoes or canned mango puree.
Let us see how to make our mango cake:
Mango Cake in SaucepanCourse: Bakes, SweetsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 ½ cup All purpose flour
1 cup+4tbsp powdered sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
5tbsp oil/melted butter
1tsp vanilla essence
1no Ripe Mango
- Firstly, brush all the sides of the saucepan with oil/butter.
- Place a butter paper at the bottom of the pan. Grease it with oil & keep it aside.(Using butter paper is optional)
- Cooking Mango Puree
- Take a big mango of any kind but it should be a ripen mango. Peel it off & slice it into small pieces.
- In a blender grind the mango pieces to a fine paste.
- Let us now cook the mango puree in a pan.
- Add in 4tbsp sugar along with the mango puree & mix well. You can adjust the sugar according to the sweetness of mango.
- Cook this for at least 5 min in low flame till it changes its color. If you need you can add 1 or 2tbsp oil/butter at this time.
- Once done, keep it aside & allow it to cool down.
- Cake Batter Prepparation
- Add in 1cup of powdered sugar, 5tbsp oil/melted butter, 1cup milk (at room temperature), 1tsp vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk it well.
- Now let us sieve in the dry ingredients, 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour/maida, 1tsp baking powder & 1/4tsp baking soda to the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything well into a smooth batter without forming any lumps.
- Now add in ½ cup of prepared mango puree & mix well.
- Pour in the prepared batter into the greased saucepan & double-tap it.
- Now cover the saucepan using a foil paper. Put holes on the foil paper to let the air escape.
- Finally, cover the saucepan with a heavy lid.
- Baking the Cake
- Heat the tawa in high flame & reduce the flame to low.
- Now keep the saucepan on the tawa & bake for 30 to 60 min.
- To test if the cake is done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Allow it to cool down well before slicing it.
- For decoration, I am using the left out mango puree. Spread it evenly over the cake surface & sprinkle some shredded coconut & grated chocolate over the mango puree.
- Now slice it and enjoy our moist, tasty & soft mango cake.
- Choose a ripe mango.
- Adjust the amount of sugar-based on the sweetness of mango.