Light Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes | with step by step photos and video. Light and fluffy breakfast recipe, loaded with delicious blueberries. Drench them in syrup, slather them with melted butter, or enjoy them straight out of the pan for a perfect weekend breakfast or brunch. Especially when juicy, warm blueberries burst into your mouth with every bite.
Imagine a light fluffy pancake, skillet fried in a little butter, with gorgeous, sweet blueberries throughout, topped with a healthy drizzle of maple syrup. Seriously, does breakfast food get any better? These pancakes are golden and lightly crisp at the edges, with a soft, tender center. Blueberry Pancakes with fresh blueberries are most definitely not just for special occasions! The baking powder in this pancake recipe is what makes them so fluffy!
How to make blueberry pancakes fluffy ?
Usually, regular pancakes only need flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, milk and an egg. Vinegar – activates the baking soda, giving the pancakes extra rise.
Baking soda (or bi carb soda) activates best when used with an acidic ingredient like white vinegar or lemon juice. If you can’t use juice, substitute them with buttermilk as in the recipe. Moreover, a thick batter helps you create fluffier pancakes.
Are blueberry pancakes healthy for you?
Pancakes are full of carbohydrates that are used to fuel your body all day long. With blueberries added to the mix, you have the perfect breakfast to keep you going! Adding a handful of blueberries to pancake batter is a great way to add sweetness while getting a serving of fruit.
How to make Light Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes?
Light Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes | with step by step photos and video. Soft and fluffy on the inside, soaked through with maple syrup or honey and melted butter. There are some things to know while cooking the pancakes. Firstly, Preheat your good quality, non stick pan or griddle on medium heat first. Once it’s hot, lower the heat down to low-medium heat. Wait for about two minutes. Lightly grease the pan with a small amount of butter. Further, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour your batter so you get perfect, evenly sized pancakes. Start pouring from the middle, then continue pouring slowly in a circular motion so that the batter spreads into a rustic round shape. Allow the pancakes to cook properly! Don’t rush them on high heat, or flip them too early. Let that under-side cook to a beautiful golden brown colour, and when bubbles start forming on top and around the surface (batter side), they are ready to flip. Once they’re cooked, slather with butter and serve with maple syrup or honey.
Further I would like to highlight my other sandwich recipes from our breakfast collection.
- Single Side Fried Egg Sandwich
- Curd Sandwich Recipe | Yogurt Sandwich
- French Toast
- Bread Pizza Recipe
- Sweet Butter Toast
- Garlic Cheese Chilly Toast Sandwich
- Garlic Bread Recipe
- Chicken Mayonnaise Sandwich
Light Fluffy Blueberry PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Light Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes | with step by step photos and video. Light and fluffy breakfast recipe, loaded with delicious blueberries.
3/4 cup Milk
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 cup Maida
3 tbsp Brown or White Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Melted Butter
3/4 to 1 Cup Blueberries
- Firstly for making buttermilk, mix 1 tbsp vinegar with 3/4 cup of milk. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and add the dry ingredients one by one, 1 cup Maida, 3 tbsp Sugar, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Baking Powder and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda.
- Mix them well using a whisk and a well in the centre.
- Now add an egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp melted butter and the buttermilk kept aside.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Gently mix together until smooth.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Scoop out 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the hot pan and top evenly with blueberries, if you prefer.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, fruit, ice cream or frozen yoghurt of your choice, or enjoy plain
- Make sure not to over mix the batter.
- If using frozen blueberries, thaw slightly so they can easily break apart, then gently fold into batter. Don’t over mix as the batter may turn blue.