Kerala style kovakkai mezhukkupuratti/stir fry.
Stir fry is know as mezhukkupuratti in kerala cuisine. It is a style of preparation for vegetarian dishes in Kerala where the vegetable is stir-fried with spices. Chopped onions or shallots may also be used. I love stir fry recipes along with sambar rice or rasam rice. More than poriels I crave for stir fry veggies.
- 500 grams kovakkai/tindora
- shallots crushed/chopped 6nos
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 dried red chillies
- fresh curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and dried red chillies. Fry until the seeds splutter and the urad dal turns golden.
- Add in the crushed shallots and curry leaves. Fry till it turns to golden brown.
- Add in the chopped kovakkai to the pan and add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Splash little water in between and fry the kovakkai on low flame.
- Keep saute every 5 minutes to avoid scorching at the bottom.
- Once it is nicely cooked and fried, remove off heat and serve.
you can either make at home or it will be available in super markets. If you making at home, soak…
Where do i get sprouted wheat
Thank you…. Your most welcome dear:)
For the first time I got the perfect ghee roast recipe. After trying too many recipes ….. Thank you ❤️
thank you so much… 🙂