Kerala style kovakkai mezhukkupuratti/stir fry.
Stir fry is know as mezhukkupuratti in kerala cuisine. It is a style of preparation for vegetarian dishes in Kerala where the vegetable is stir-fried with spices. Chopped onions or shallots may also be used. I love stir fry recipes along with sambar rice or rasam rice. More than poriels I crave for stir fry veggies.
- 500 grams kovakkai/tindora
- shallots crushed/chopped 6nos
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 dried red chillies
- fresh curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and dried red chillies. Fry until the seeds splutter and the urad dal turns golden.
- Add in the crushed shallots and curry leaves. Fry till it turns to golden brown.
- Add in the chopped kovakkai to the pan and add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Splash little water in between and fry the kovakkai on low flame.
- Keep saute every 5 minutes to avoid scorching at the bottom.
- Once it is nicely cooked and fried, remove off heat and serve.
as I website possessor I believe the content here is real excellent, regards for your efforts.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara