Kerala style kovakkai mezhukkupuratti/stir fry.
Stir fry is know as mezhukkupuratti in kerala cuisine. It is a style of preparation for vegetarian dishes in Kerala where the vegetable is stir-fried with spices. Chopped onions or shallots may also be used. I love stir fry recipes along with sambar rice or rasam rice. More than poriels I crave for stir fry veggies.
- 500 grams kovakkai/tindora
- shallots crushed/chopped 6nos
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 dried red chillies
- fresh curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and dried red chillies. Fry until the seeds splutter and the urad dal turns golden.
- Add in the crushed shallots and curry leaves. Fry till it turns to golden brown.
- Add in the chopped kovakkai to the pan and add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Splash little water in between and fry the kovakkai on low flame.
- Keep saute every 5 minutes to avoid scorching at the bottom.
- Once it is nicely cooked and fried, remove off heat and serve.
Nice..Thank you so much..
I made it today and it was awesome 😋 thanks for the clear and neat recipe
I really like how this article talks about the different benefits of melons without talking about only one. I’ve been…
Hi there, thank you and feel sorry for the trouble. Either, you interchanged baking soda and baking powder amount or…
I tried the recipe and cake texture came out good. But in taste it had soda smell and taste which…