KFC Style Chicken Fry Recipe | Crispy & Juicy Popcorn| How to make this recipe from the spices of our kitchen | with step by step photos & video.
How KFC makes best &, tastier chicken fry is a trading secret no one knows. However, a better way to enjoy chicken is to make & eat homemade chicken fry recipes. In this recipe, I have not used bread crumbs & there are no pesky ingredients like ajinomoto. Some use corn flakes for that crunchiness.
How to make KFC style chicken fry recipe ?
KFC Style Chicken Recipe |Crispy & Juicy Popcorn | with step by step photos & video. KFC Original Recipe Chicken has been a huge part of my life. After so many tries I found out this as the best method of making this recipe without using Ajinomoto & corn flakes. The recipe I am sharing here uses only the spices of our kitchen.
KFC Style Chicken Fry RecipeCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
KFC Style Chicken Fry Recipe | How to make KFC Chicken Fry from the spices of our kitchen | Crispy & Juicy Fried Chicken | with step by step photos & video.
250 gms boneless chicken small-cut
Oil for deep frying
1″ inch ginger piece
2 garlic cloves
3-4 slices of big onion
1/4 cup water
- Marinade Preparation
1/2 cup curd
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2-1tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp pepper powder
salt as required
1 cup maida
1/2 cup cornflour
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp mixed herbs (optional)
salt as required
- Firstly, take 1″ inch ginger, 2 garlic cloves & 3-4 slices of big onion in a blender/mixie. (If you have ginger, garlic & onion powder you can use that)
- Add 1/4 cup water. Grind it well & keep aside.
- Preparing the Marinade
- In a mixing bowl add in 1/2 cup curd & 1 egg. Mix it well using a whisk/fork.
- Strain the juice of the ground onion-ginger-garlic paste we prepared earlier into the mixing bowl.
- Combine them well.
- Followed by 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2-1tsp chili powder, 3/4 tsp pepper powder & salt as required. (Adjust the spiciness level based on your taste. I am making this for my kid too so I am using only 1/2tsp chili powder)
- Mix these ingredients well.
- Now add-in 250gms small-cut boneless chicken pieces into the marinade & combine well.
- Cover & allow it to marinate overnight or a max of 5 hrs. This makes the chicken juicy.
- Coating for Chicken
- Now let us prepare a coating for the chicken.
- For that, take a wide plate/bowl & add-in 1 cup maida, 1/2 cup cornflour, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp mixed herbs (optional) & salt as required.
- Mix well using a whisk/fork.
- Using a fork or hand take the marinated chicken one by one & coat it well in the coating powder. Keep it on another plate. Using hands for coating can make the coating mixture wet. So it is better to use a fork.
- Second Coating
- Once done, we have to coat the chicken again. For that dip, the first coated chicken pieces one by one into the marinade, followed by dipping into the mixture again as shown in the video.
- Our chicken is well coated & ready to be fried.
- Deep Fry
- Heat 1 cup oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Add the coated chicken pieces in batches & fry the chicken until it turns golden brown.
- Now our KFC style juicy chicken fry is ready. Looks so yummy & delicious.