Kerala Style Mango Pickle Recipe | Instant recipe| with step by step photos and video. This Instant pickle is a tangy recipe made using raw mangoes and spices. In India, pickles are relished as a side dish in every meal. In Kerala, it is a must-have item on Onam Sadya.
When it comes to mango pickle, there are several varieties and variations which change from region to region. This is an instant recipe of raw mango which I prepare quite often.
How to make Kerala Mango Pickle?
Kerala Style Mango Pickle Recipe | Instant recipe | with step by step photos and video. A simple Pickle recipe, using all-time favorite raw mangoes. I am sharing the easiest recipe to make at home. Made with very limited ingredients that include pickle spices & raw mangoes. However, I personally prefer this recipe as it is instant and can be prepared within minutes. Moreover, it has a fairly long shelf life and easily survives for weeks if preserved in a dry place.
In the traditional way, the process of making Indian pickles is a bit tedious as it involves several steps before the tasty condiment is ready. First, the ingredients are sun-dried then they are soaked in different oils & spices, and finally, they are allowed to rest for a few days to develop the flavors. But, like they say all good things come to those who wait, the result is extremely rewarding!
Finally, I request you to check my other Onam sadhya recipes. Hope you would like them.
Kerala Style Mango Pickle RecipeCourse: PickleCuisine: IndianDifficulty: easy
Kerala Style Mango Pickle Recipe | Instant pickle | with step by step photos and video. This Instant Kerala Style Mango Pickle is a tangy recipe made using raw mangoes and spices
1 big Raw Mango
2 Green Chillies finely chopped
2 sprigs of Curry Leaves
2 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
Salt as required
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Fenugreek Powder
1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- For Tempering
3 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
4 to 5 dried Red Chillies
- Wash the raw mango and wipe them with a kitchen towel.
- Firstly, chop the raw mangoes into small cubes. ( Peel off the skin, if the skin is rough & if it is tender then there is no need to peel off.)
- Add 2 tsp salt & mix well.
- Now add one green chili finely chopped & some fresh curry leaves. Mix well & keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add in 2 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp fenugreek powder & ¼ tsp kaayam powder/asofoetida/hing into the mango slices.
- Heat 3 tbsp sesame oil in a pan & splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, 4 to 5 red chilies & some fresh curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame & add this temper into the mango mix.
- Mix well & serve. Our instant mango pickle is ready.
- Peel off the skin, if the skin is rough & if it is tender then there is no need to peel off.