Karandi Cheese Omelette | Cheesy & Spicy Omelet Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A cup shaped cheesy omelette recipe. Beaten egg is cooked in a small cup shaped pan. Moreover, you can make a lot of variations to serve this fluffy omelette as per your meal. This fluffy omelette filled with an ample amount of mozzarella cheese makes it a perfect meal on a busy day.
A famous south Indian street food and prepared within minutes. This is similar to egg paniyaram but varies in size. Karandi means ladle in tamil and the omelette is prepared in big ladle. You can serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and add a few ingredients to make it a wholesome and nutritious meal.
What is an omelet?
In cuisine, an omelette or omelet, a dish made from beaten eggs, fried with butter or oil in a frying pan.
What is the difference between omelet and omelette?
Is It Omelet or Omelette? Omelet is the spelling used in American English. Omelette is the spelling used in British English.
Why We love this Cheesy Karandi Omelette?
- It is a protein-rich tasty Indian breakfast recipe.
- Super quick egg recipe for breakfast on a busy day.
How to make karandi cheese omelette ?
Karandi Cheese Omelette | Cheesy & Spicy Omelet Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A special, cup-shaped fluffy egg omelette cooked in a ladle-shaped tadka pan. This pan is known by the name Karandi or Talipu Karandi, hence the name of this omelette “Karandi omelette. It’s a popular Street food from South Indian Cuisine. Traditionally for this recipe, just onions and green chillies are added. The recipe I am sharing, uses cheese as a main ingredient stuffing to make it a wholesome meal. Cheese is a great combination along with eggs. You can prefer any variety of cheese as per your choice. Here I used mozarella cheese.
Moreover, to make the dish hot or spicy, a small amount of red chilli flakes and green chillies were added along with a dash of pepper powder. The addition of ingredients are completely based on your taste and choices. Furthermore, always remember to cook the dish over a low flame to avoid getting burnt on the outer side.
In addition, I would like to highlight some of our egg recipes. Hope you would like & try them.
Karandi Cheese OmeletteCourse: Main, SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Karandi Cheese Omelette | Cheesy & Spicy Omelet Recipe | with step by step photos and video. A cup shaped cheesy omelette recipe. Beaten egg is cooked in a small cup shaped pan.
2 tbsp Finely Chopped Onion
1 Green Chilli
1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Oil
Cheese of your Choice (Mozarella, Cheddar, CubeCheese)
Salt as Required
- Firstly, chop onion, and green chilli finely.
- In a small bowl crack an egg.
- Followed by 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 1 or 2 green chilies finely chopped, 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, corriander leaves and required salt.
- Mix everything together well using a fork or spoon.
- In a small round cup like pan called tadka pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, reduce the flame to very low & pour the egg mixture into the pan(when you pour the beaten eggs, the oil should be hot enough).
- Next, place some cheese in the centre of the omelet.
- Let the karandi omelette cook until the bottom layer of the omelet becomes thick. It will take about a minute or so.
- Now, with the fork or a spoon gently flip the omelet upside down and let the other side cook similarly.
- Similarly, keep flipping the omelette until the omelette is fully cooked. Pricking the omelet will help the omelette to cook evenly.
- If you like a runny egg then, you can stop cooking the karandi omelette , a few minutes earlier, so that, the center of egg remains runny.
- Now, gently remove from the pan & serve hot.
- Cook the dish over a low flame to avoid getting burnt. Flip & cook the egg over low flame until it is evenly cooked.
- Oil should be hot enough while pouring the egg mixture.