Jaggery Wheat Pancakes | Eggless, No Sugar, No Oil | Healthy Breakfast | with step by step photos and video. Made with 100% whole wheat flour and tastes absolutely delicious. A healthier option to enjoy for breakfast or brunch.
The recipe shared here is an eggless and oil-free recipe. If you don’t believe then you must try this easy pancake recipe and I guarantee you its going to be one of your favorite breakfast.
It is difficult to guess that these pancakes are made without eggs. they are fluffy and have a nice soft texture. Hence it also becomes difficult to believe that these are made with whole wheat flour. Further, you can make one of the best pancakes with whole wheat flour and without eggs.
The recipe is stated healthy due to the following reasons:
- No maida
- Uses Jaggery
How to make healthy jaggery wheat pancakes?
Jaggery Wheat Pancakes | Eggless, No Sugar, No Oil | Healthy Breakfast | with step by step photos and video. Moreover, the recipe uses jaggery instead of sugar.
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, which help prevent free-radicals. This recipe is loaded with full of good things which makes it friendly for diabetics patients also. For sweet pancakes you can always add more jaggery. The recipe serves 12 to 14 pancakes and can be easily halved or doubled or tripled.
Serve with maple syrup and a side of fruits. If using honey, then pour honey on the pancakes when they become warm. You can even use dates syrup or jaggery syrup. Chocolate lovers can use chocolate syrup also.
In addition, I would like to highlight my other breakfast recipes also. Hope you would like them.
Jaggery Wheat PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Jaggery Wheat Pancakes | Eggless, No Sugar, No Oil | Healthy Breakfast | with step by step photos and video. Made with 100% whole wheat flour and taste absolutely delicious.
1/2 cup Grated Jaggery
11/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Fennel Seeds (optional)
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup + 1/2 cup +1/4 cup Water
- Firstly, add 1/2 cup of grated jaggery and 1/2 cup of water in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until jaggery dissolves.
- Now add-in, 11/2 cup of wheat flour, 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and 1/4 tsp crushed fennel seeds and 1/4 tsp baking soda. Mix and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Combine them well. Break the lumps with a whisk and make a smooth batter.
- Once combined using a fork or spoon beat the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes to aerate the mix.
- Then, add again 1/4 cup of water and mix it. The pancake batter is of a pourable consistency and not thick. If the batter looks thick, then you can add ¼ to ⅓ cup more of water. Depending on the quality of whole wheat flour more water can be added.
- Then heat a pan or tawa.
- With a ladle gently pour the batter. The batter spreads on its own.
- Cook the pancake till you see bubbles forming on the surface.
- When the base becomes crisp and golden, gently turn over pancake. Cook for a minute over low flame and remove from flame.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Serve the whole wheat pancakes with fresh fruits or whipped cream or jam. You can also drizzle some maple syrup, honey, caramel syrup or chocolate syrup on these fluffy pancakes
- Pancakes can get burnt easily, so adjust the heat always.
- Depending on the quality of whole wheat flour more water can be added to adjust the flow or consistency of batter.