Instant Rava Dosa | Another version of Rava dosa |Batter ready in 2 min| Basically a quick dosa recipe with Rava & curd. This Rava dosa is an instant dosa recipe. In this recipe as soon as the batter is made in a blender you can start making dosas.
Certainly, this instant dosa from Rava will be your handy option on busy days. You can serve it with coconut chutney/okra sambar or any curry of your choice.
Do check out my other collection dosa collection recipes:
What is instant rava dosa made of?
Bombay rava or ravva or rawa or sooji, is a durum wheat product and a form of semolina. Rava is made by grinding husked wheat and is used in Indian cuisine to make savory dishes such as rava dosa, rava idli, upma, & khichdis.
In this recipe, we are blending rava with curd & as soon as the batter is made we can start making dosas. No need for resting time. Rava dosa can also be called sooji dosa.
Is rava good for health?
It is a good source of protein, carbs and is low in fat and calorie content. . Rava, which is used to make upma, is rich in protein, vitamin B and iron. Adding veggies to the upma not only makes it tastier but also healthier. Using rava in other recipes makes it a versatile dish.
Instant Rava DosaCourse: Breakfast, Dosa varietyCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1cup roasted rava
salt as required
1/4tsp baking soda
1/4cup water(as required)
- Add 1cup roasted rava in a blender & grind it to a fine powder.
- Then add in 1cup thick curd, followed by salt, 1/4tsp baking soda & 1/4cup water.
- The water level may vary for all depending on the thickness of the curd. So add water in intervals while blending the mix. I added 1/4cup.
- The consistency is the same as of normal dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa & with a ladle pour a scoop of prepared rava dosa batter & spread it thinly.
- Roast both sides. Use oil/ghee if preferred.
- Our instant rava dosas are ready to be served with coconut chutney.