Idiyappam Upma | With leftover idiyappam | with step by step pics & video | Upma is a classic dish & easy recipe to do on our busy days.
Upma is a healthy dish. Idiyappam is rice noodles known as string hoppers. I tried on the other day idiyappam and got some leftover. You can see my idiyappam recipe here. So I thought why to waste the leftovers and gave this recipe a try. It was nice to eat as it is or serve it along with any kind of curries or chutneys.
How to make Idiyappam upma?
Idiyappam Upma | With leftover idiyappam | with step by step pics & video. This is very simple. Break the leftover idiyappam into small pieces & keep aside. Temper it with urad dal, mustard seeds, green chilies & some fresh curry leaves. If you like to add veggies go ahead and add. In this recipe, I am not adding any veggies.
Idiyappam UpmaCourse: BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Idiyappam Upma | With leftover idiyappam | How to make Idiyappam Upma?
1/4tsp urad dal
1/4tsp mustard seeds
1 no chopped green chilly
4 to 5 groundnuts/cashews
2tbsp finely chopped onion
2 nos left over idiyappams
- Heat 1tsp oil in a kadai.
- Add in 1/4tsp urad dal & 1/4tsp mustard seeds.
- Allow it to splutter. Once done, add in 4 to 5 ground nuts/cashew nuts (optional) & fry in low flame.
- Then add in 1 chopped green chilly, some fresh curry leaves & 2tbsp finely chopped onion.
- Saute it till onion turns translucent.
- Now break leftover idiyappams into small pieces & add to this temper.
- Saute it for 1min in low flame & turn off the flame.
- Serve it hot as it is or with chutneys.
- If you want to add veggies like carrots, beans, peas, etc you can add along with onions & saute till it gets cooked.