How to Boil Shelled Peanuts | In Pressure Cooker | with step by step photos and video. Peanuts with their skin are boiled with water and salt. This healthy snack revives my childhood memories. You could make these as a tea time snack which is healthy, delicious and loved by kids.
Do boiled peanuts help lose weight?
Yes, you read that right! Despite their high fat and calorie content, peanuts could actually help in promoting weight loss. Even though they are relatively high in calories, the rich fibre and protein content in peanuts could help in increasing satiety and can make you feel full for longer.
Why boiled peanuts?
Peanuts are a healthy treat and great source of healthy fats, phosphorus, potassium, fiber, and B vitamins.
Are boiled peanuts healthy and what is so special about them?
In fact, boiled peanuts have nearly four times the number of antioxidants found in other kinds of peanuts. These naturally-occurring nutrients have been linked to numerous health benefits, including cancer prevention, reduced inflammation and prevention against cardiovascular diseases.
Boiled peanuts have also been studied as a potential way to treat people with peanut allergies since boiling peanuts denatures proteins that trigger allergic reactions.
How to Boil Shelled Peanuts ?
How to Boil Shelled Peanuts | In Pressure Cooker | with step by step photos and video. I have boiled them in pressure cooker as it saves time, energy and is more resourceful. But you could also boil them in a vessel with water. Fresh peanuts will yield the best flavor and texture. If you can’t find them, you can use dried raw peanuts and increase the cook time. The second most important thing is to use plenty of salt and, as you see in this recipe, we mean a lot of it. The hardest part is to wait until they’re done, as the smells will spread through your house and make you crave a handful of these salty soft peanuts.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight some of the peanut recipes from my blog. Do kindly check and be benefitted.
- Peanut Chutney Recipe | Without Coconut
- Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
- Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney Recipe
How to Boil Shelled PeanutsCourse: Snacks, SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
How to Boil Shelled Peanuts | In Pressure Cooker | with step by step photos and video. Peanuts with their skin are boiled with water and salt.
250 gm Raw Peanuts
4 cup Water
3/4 tbsp Salt
- Firstly, place the peanuts under running tap water and with the help of your hands just try to remove the mud from the skin under water.
- After rinsing them 3-4 times add them into a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water.
- Put it on the stove over a high flame.
- Once it starts to boil, add 3/4 tbsp salt and mix them.
- Bring the flame to a medium flame.
- Cover the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 25-30 mins or until the skin becomes tender.
- Once the pressure is released, remove them on a colander and drain the excess water.
- Peel the skin and enjoy the boiled peanuts. Serve the boiled peanuts warm preferably.
- If peanuts don’t cook then boil them for some more time.
- You could also boil peanuts in a vessel instead of cooker.
- Eat them within 2 days if kept in room temperature.
- As soon as the pressure is released, drain off the excess water.