Hot Milk Sponge Cake Recipe | Delicious Tea cake | with step by step photos and video. An old-fashioned treat, which is fine-grained, moist, soft and wonderfully tasty. It can be enjoyed as is, in all its buttery glory; or paired with the icing of your choice — or fudge topping or thick caramel sauce,
What is a hot milk cake?
A butter sponge cake; which gets its distinctive flavor from the scalded milk that is the liquid component of the batter. In this recipe, hot milk and butter give the cake a fine-grained texture, similar to pound cake.
Though this cake is commonly known in the South, it was invented in Chicago. A recipe from Ruth Ellen Church, a former food editor for the Chicago Tribune, was published in 1955. Ruth’s recipe featured a mocha-flavored icing but, today, the cake is typically served bare with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
How to make hot milk sponge cake ?
Hot Milk Sponge Cake Recipe | Delicious Tea cake | with step by step photos and video. A cake made in under an hour using less than 10 ingredients! If you’re a novice baker, this recipe is a great starting point. With this step by step recipe guide, carefully measured ingredients and explanation, making a soft and easy hot milk sponge cake at home is super easy. The recipes uses hot milk mixed with butter. This hot milk mix is mixed along with the cake batter to yield the perfect soft cake.
The wet ingredients for the batter are prepared using a mixie jar or processor, which is further mixed with the dry ingredients along with the hot milk to form the cake batter. The cake can be baked using a kadai, sauce pan or an oven. If using an oven, preheat an oven at 170 degree for 10 minutes and bake at 170 degree or 335 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Additionally, I would like to highlight some of our trending cake recipes also. Hope you would like them also.
- Eggless Vanilla Base Cake
- Perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Eggless Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Pineapple Cake
- Carrot-Dates Cake
- Eggless Banana Rava Cake
Hot Milk Sponge Cake RecipeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Hot Milk Sponge Cake Recipe | Delicious Tea cake | with step by step photos and video. An old-fashioned treat, which is fine-grained, moist, soft and wonderfully tasty.
1/2 cup (62 gms) All Purpose Flour/Maida
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Vinegar (optional)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup (62 gm) Powdered Sugar
4 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Firstly, prepare the cake tin. Line the cake mold with parchment paper and brush some oil or butter. Here we are using a 6″ * 3″ dimension pan. Keep it aside.
- Boil 4 tbsp milk in a sauce pan. Once it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add 1 tbsp butter.
- Stir and melt the butter in milk. Now switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Break open an egg and pour into the mixie jar. Using the pulse mode button, blend 10 times with 2 second intervals.
- Once the egg starts to foam add 1/4 tsp vinegar and again blend for blend 10 times with 2 second intervals in pulse mode.
- Now add 3 tbsp oil and blend for 30 seconds at first speed button.
- Further add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Grind until the sugar is dissolved well.
- Transfer this mix to a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup maida and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Now sift these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl gradually and fold the batter.
- Further, add the prepared hot milk gradually and form a smooth batter.
- Transfer the cake batter into the cake mold.
- Tap the mold once or twice on the counter to release the air bubbles.
- Keep a pan on the stove. Place a stand or plate inside the pan. Now place the cake mold over the plate and close the pan using a lid.
- Switch on the stove and heat the pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot turn the flame to low and bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes. Based on the heat and also the size of the pan the baking time may vary.
- After 25 minutes, cake is done. Insert a tooth pic and check if the cake is perfectly baked. Switch off the flame and remove the cake mold.
- Allow the cake to cool down. Once cooled cut and serve. Yummy, soft and delicious milk cake is ready.
- Based on the heat and also the size of the pan the baking time may vary.