Homemade Wheat Noodles Recipe | Wheat Noodles | with step by step pics & video. In Asian cuisine, noodles are an essential ingredient. We can prepare various combinations using noodles. Noodles will be a favorite dish for almost all kids. Today we are going to prepare noodles using the wheat powder available at our home. The taste will be similar to our restaurant-style noodles recipe.
How to make wheat noodles?
Homemade Wheat Noodles Recipe | Wheat Noodles | with step by step pics & video. In this recipe, we prepare wheat noodles with egg. Eggs add richness to the flavor and a hint of color contributed by the egg yolk.
Here we are preparing noodles using the idiyappam presser. Noodles are cooked in boiling water, with cooking oil & salt added.
Using the prepared wheat noodles we will see how to make vegetable noodles & chicken noodles.
Homemade Wheat NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Intermediate
Homemade Wheat Noodles Recipe | Wheat Noodles | with step by step pics & video. In this recipe, we prepare wheat noodles with egg.
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil
11/2 cup wheat flour
- Preparing the dough
- Take ½ cup of water in a bowl. Add-in ½ tsp salt & mix well.
- Furthermore, add 1 egg or ¼ cup water, 1tsp sugar & 1tsp oil. Using a whisk or spoon beat it well.
- Now add in 1 ½ cup of wheat flour. Firstly mix it with a spoon & then knead it to a soft dough using your hands for 5 min.
- The dough should be soft enough to be pressed easily through the idiyappam maker.
- Now brush the dough with oil. Cover the dough & allow it to rest for 10 to 20min.
- After 20 minutes, again knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Now take the mold with the smallest holes & fix to the idiyappam maker.
- Grease the idiyappam maker with some oil. This prevents the dough from sticking to the mold.
- Now make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside the maker.
- Cooking Noodles
- Boil 2 liters of water in a pan along with ½ tsp salt & ½ tsp oil.
- Tighten the lid & gently press the dough into the boiled water. Cut the strings of dough to the required length.
- Then boil the noodles for 4 to 5 minutes maximum. Once done, strain the noodles & wash it off with cold water once or twice.
- Now our noodles are ready. Using this noodles we will prepare veg noodles, egg & chicken noodles, which I will upload in the next posts.