Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting | without butter | with step by step photos and video. An easy to make cream cheese using full fat milk. So easy to make. Perfect for icing carrot cake, cupcakes, and cookies. Nothing beats homemade frosting.
How to Prevent Runny Cream Cheese Frosting?
Cream cheese frosting will be thin and runny if you’re not careful about the type of milk you use. Make sure you use full fat milk, not low fat.
If using cheese from the store make sure to use cheese blocks. The main reason bakers end up with runny frosting is because they’re accidentally using cream cheese spread instead of a block. There’s a HUGE difference! For the best, thickest, and most successful frosting, use the blocks of real cream cheese. Save cream cheese spread for bagels and low fat cream cheese for cooking.
Can cream cheese frosting be used for piping?
- Yes! Especially with this recipe because it is nice and thick. Now, this frosting (as with most) is prone to melting in hot weather, but it pipes nicely and as you can see in the photos it holds its shape neatly as well.
How do I make my cream cheese frosting thicker?
- What I love about this recipe is that it already makes a nice thick frosting, but if needed you can add more powdered sugar to make your cream cheese frosting even thicker. Alternatively you can add cornstarch.
How to make homemade cream cheese frosting?
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting | without butter | with step by step photos and video. Some find it difficult to afford cream cheese. In those cases you can use this simple recipe to create cream cheese at home using full fat milk. Boil milk and add vinegar. Separate the curdled milk using a muslin cloth. Add the separated cream into a mixie jar and grind to a smooth paste. Add vanilla essence and powdered sugar to this mix. Freeze it for 5 to 10 minutes. Once the cream cheese is set add it to the whipped cream and beat until stiff peaks.
Homemade Cream Cheese FrostingCourse: DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting | without butter | with step by step photos and video. An easy to make cream cheese using full fat milk.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup Full Fat Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Add 1 cup full fat milk in a pan.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add in 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar. Mix them well.
- Reduce the flame to low. Allow to boil until the milk separates. Now switch off the flame.
- Now drain the curdled milk using a muslin cloth. Keep the set up as shown below.
- Press the cream using a spoon to drain the water content. Leave them for 5 to 10 minutes until the water content is completely drained off and the mixture is cooled.
- Transfer the cooled cream to a small blender followed by 1/2 to 1 tbsp drained water from the milk. Add water carefully.
- Blend until a smooth creamy texture is obtained. Cream cheese is ready.
- Transfer it to bowl. Add 1 tbsp powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. Mix them well and keep it in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipping cream. Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks.
- Add the prepared cooled cream cheese to the whipping cream and beat over a low speed until well combined.
- Pipe them and decorate the cupcakes.
- Use full fat milk.