Biryani Masala Powder Recipe | How to make Biryani Masala Powder| with step by step description with photos & video. An aromatic spice mix used to make biryani or even pulao varieties.
This homemade biryani masala can be used to make any kind of biryani like chicken65 biryani or fish biryani. Certainly, with this homemade ready mix spice powder, you would never go back to store-bought biryani masala powder.
How to make homemade biryani masala powder?
Biryani Masala Powder Recipe | How to make Biryani Masala Powder|with step by step description with photos & video. An exotic blend of Indian spices for mouthwatering biryani rice including veg and nonveg biryani rice recipe. Let us see how to make this aromatic powder at home using whole spices, this will definitely come handy when preparing biryani. The spices used are 20 cardamom pods, 3-star Annise, 1″ inch size cinnamon stick, 20 cloves, 1 tsp whole pepper,1 tsp Shah Jeera, 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds, and 1 Mace/Jathipathiri.
How to store biryani masala?
Firstly, use fresh spices or else the masala will not last long. Not only that for an aromatic masala powder use fresh spices. Finally, store the spice powder in an airtight container or in a dry place. It will stay good for 3 months when stored in an airtight container or refrigerator.
Follow me on Social to get instant updates
Biryani Masala Recipe | How to make Biryani Masala PowderCourse: MasalaCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
How to make Homemade Biryani Masala Powder | with step by step description with photos & video. An aromatic spice mix used to make biryani or even pulao varieties.
20 cardamom pods
1″inch size cinnamon stick
1 tsp whole pepper
1 tsp Shah Jeera/Black Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- Firstly, in a thick bottomed pan dry roast 20 cardamom pods, 3-star Annise, 1″ inch size cinnamon stick, 20 cloves, 1 Mace/Jathipathiri, and 1 tsp whole pepper until they turn aromatic.
- Stir continuously the ingredients without getting burnt. Make sure to keep the flame low.
- Then add in 1 tsp Shah Jeera and 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds & dry roast till they turn aromatic. Around 1 to 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame & allow it to cool down.
- Transfer to a blender. Blend to a fine powder.
- Finally, store biryani masala powder in an airtight container.
- Use fresh spices else the masala will not last long.
- Make sure to dry roast on low flame to avoid burning of spices.
- alternatively, keep the spices in hot sunlight instead of dry roasting.
- finally, homemade biryani masala powder stays good for 3 months when stored in airtight container.