Home-made Pizza Sauce Recipe | Pasta Sauce | thick & rich in taste | with step by step description, photos & video. Pizza sauce, a tomato-based sauce prepared by blanching tomatoes and spiced with herbs and garlic. Essentially, used as a spread for the pizza base before topping and baking pizza. Great with pasta, grilled sausages, polenta, and more.
Selection of tomatoes for pizza or pasta sauce:
Which are best to make homemade sauce? Fresh or canned? Seasoned or salt-free? Crushed, whole, or diced? It just so happens that National Pasta are big fans of tomatoes, and we’re here for you! The number of tomatoes you need depends on the recipe, and your taste. Whether you use canned or fresh tomatoes depends on what’s available to you, particularly how much time you have to prepare.
There are thousands of tomato varieties throughout the world, and your local grocer doesn’t carry all of them. Ideally, you want your saucy tomatoes to have more flesh and fewer seeds. This will provide a heartier sauce, better likely to stick to your pasta and provide a satisfying texture. You also want ripe tomatoes at their most flavourful.
How to Make Home-made Pizza Sauce Recipe | Pasta Sauce ?
Home-made Pizza Sauce Recipe | Pasta Sauce | thick & rich in taste | with step by step description, photos & video. Nothing makes pasta better than a homemade pasta sauce recipe, whether it’s creamy, tomato, white or mushroom. To make this homemade pizza sauce from scratch you literally need blanched tomatoes, Italian seasonings and you’re set to go. The base recipe needs ingredients like tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes, Italian seasonings & a few Kashmiri chilies to get an exciting deep color.
You can easily make it ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make your pizza! Apart from pizza, the sauce also works well with pasta. Just toss the cooked pasta & steamed/sauted veggies or chicken in the sauce. Top with some cheese and bake or grill the pasta till the cheese melts.
In addition, I would like to highlight my other breakfast recipes also. Hope you would like them.
Home-made Pizza Sauce RecipeCourse: SauceCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Home-made Pizza Sauce Recipe | Pasta Sauce |thick & rich in taste | with step by step description, photos & video. Pizza sauce, a tomato-based sauce prepared by blanching tomatoes and spiced with herbs and garlic.
3 large tomatoes
2 to 3 Kashmiri red chilies
3 or 4 onion slices
water for blanching
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
salt as required
1 tsp tomato sauce (optional)
a pinch of red chili flakes
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp mixed herbs
- Wash the tomatoes & slit ‘X’ at the bottom of the tomatoes before blanching them.
- Furthermore, add 2 to 3 Kashmiri red chilies & 3 to 4 onion slices along with the slitted tomatoes into the boiling water and blanch.
- Close the vessel and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the tomatoes, red chilies & onion out of the boiling water & allow to cool down.
- Further, peel the skin of tomatoes once they cooled completely.
- Deseed the red chilies & keep aside.
- Now add these peeled tomatoes, deseeded Kashmiri red chilies & blanched onions to a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
- Preparing Pizza Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Followed by 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic & saute for 30 sec.
- Now add the prepared tomato puree, salt as required,1 tsp tomato sauce & simmer until the sauce turns thick. (If your tomatoes are tangy now itself there is no need to add the tomato sauce)
- Once the sauce thickens, add a pinch of chili flakes, 1/2 tsp pepper powder & 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Mix well. Sugar is added to balance the taste of the sauce. If you want to avoid using sugar you can avoid it.
- Finally, add a tsp of mixed herbs & mix well.
- Pizza sauce is ready to prepare pizzas or pastas.
- If your tomatoes are tangy now itself there is no need to add the tomato sauce
- Sugar is added to balance the taste of the sauce. If you want to avoid using sugar you can avoid it.