Today let us try the most healthy dishes from green gram microgreens. The post & video of how to grow microgreens in our small space without soil is given in this link.
In this recipe I will be using coconut, if you want to skip coconut you can try that way also. It is going to be an easy & healthy recipe for all age groups.
Green Gram Microgreen Stir Fry/ Thoran/poriel
- 2cups green gram microgreens finely chopped
- 3nos+2nos shallots
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp rice/mustard seeds
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2cup grated coconut
- 1tsp oil
- salt as required
- fresh curry leaves
- Heat a pan & add 1tsp oil. Add 1/2tsp rice & saute well.
- Once done, add in 3nos finely chopped shallots & curry leaves. Saute till shallot turns into golden color.
- Now add in the 2cups chopped microgreens & saute for a min or two. You will be noticing the microgreens has reduced its size well & get blended inside.
- Now take a mixie jar, add in 1/2cup grated coconut, green chilly, 2nos shallots, curry leaves & crush it coarsely.
- Add this mixture to the microgreens & saute it well adjusting salt as well.
- Cook it in low flame till done.
- Our microgreen thoran/poriel is ready to be served with steamed rice or sambar rice.