Ginger Wine Recipe | Strong & Spicy Wine in 7 Days | with step by step photos and video. A mildly hot, sweet and a fortified wine made from a fermented blend of crushed ginger.
It is as old as mankind. It’s inviting taste has given it an edge above other drinks of its era. It is little wonder people still enjoy it today. You can also enjoy it if you want but it is not a simple drink recipe that you can prepare in a jiffy. It takes some time, but can last for months once you prepare it.
Ginger wine contains lemon. Lemon helps keep the body hydrated. It is also a good source of Vitamin C. This vitamin serves as a potent antioxidant that repels bacteria from the body.
Also, it aids digestion. Digestive issues can be solved once and for all via the intake of ginger. It alsoreduces the formation of kidney stones, an ailment that has proven fatal in recent times.
On its own part, ginger helps keeps the joints in top form. Of course, it kills pain easily. It has the capacity of correcting issues of the bones and joints. It is also a potent treatment for nausea disorders.
How to make ginger wine recipe at home?
Ginger Wine Recipe | Strong & Spicy Wine in 7 Days | with step by step photos and video. A perfect wine recipe to make over winter. This recipe is made spicy by adding red chilies, if you do not like to spice it, skip this step. Further, the ginger is crushed and do not grind it. If you grind ginger in your wine making process, wine wont be clear. So keep in mind to crush the ginger.
Further I would like to highlight our wine recipes. Hope you would like them also.
Ginger Wine RecipeCourse: WineCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Ginger Wine Recipe | Strong & Spicy Wine in 7 Days | with step by step photos and video. A mildly hot, sweet and a fortified wine made from a fermented blend of crushed ginger
150 gms Ginger
400 to 500 gms Sugar
1/2 tsp Yeast
2 Red Chillies (optional)
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
11/2 Litre Water
1 stick Cinnamon
2 tbsp Wheat Sprouted
- Firstly, clean and peel off the skin of ginger. Then chop it to small pieces.
- Transfer the ginger pieces to a mixie jar and just pulse it 3 to 4 times. Do not grind it. The crushed ginger should weigh 150 gms.
- Transfer these crushed ginger to a sauce pan along with 2 red chilies. Adding red chilies are completely optional.
- Add the spices (3 Cardamoms, 6 Cloves and 1 stick Cinnamon) along with 11/2 Litre water. Allow it to boil for 20 to 30 minutes over a low to medium flame.
- Now the raw taste of ginger is gone and also the water has reduced from 11/2 Litre to 1 Litre almost.
- Switch off the flame and add 450 gms of sugar and 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Now, let us prepare the wine jar. Wash and clean the stone crock or glass jar using for wine making. Dry it completely. I am using a glass jar here.
- Add the cooled ginger water, followed by 2 tbsp sprouted wheat and 1 tsp instant yeast. Fill only 3/4 portion of the wine jar.
- Now mix all the ingredients well for 2 to 3 minutes using a cleaned and dried wooden spoon.
- Close the glass jar or crack and keep it aside from sun light.
- Stir the ingredients using a dried spoon, every 24 hrs. Stir it every day at the same time. Do keep the wine jar away from sunlight.
- On Day 2. Open it and stir it using a completely dried spoon. Stir for atleast 1 minute.
- On day 6.
- On day 8. Wine is ready. Now strain the wine using a strainer or cloth.
- Transfer it to a glass jar.
- The ginger added in the wine is crushed and do not grind it. If you grind ginger in your wine making process, wine wont be clear. So keep in mind to crush the ginger.
- This recipe is done in 7 days so it is must to use the sprouted whole wheat than the whole wheat.
- If you are using whole wheat it will take a lot of time to ferment.
- If using glass jar instead of stone crock then store it away from sunlight.
- Lemon Juice is added to increase acidity, complement a specific flavor and it also gives a “fresh” flavor.