Ginger, Onion, Garlic Powder | Fresh and Homemade | with step by step photos and video. Make fresh aromatic spice powders at home. You will find a big difference between homemade and store-bought.
Making these spice powders is a very easy and simple process. We are making these powders without using the oven. As it is hot here it is time for making spices for the whole year. You can use these powders to make quick curries.
How to make ginger onion, and garlic powder?
Ginger, Onion, Garlic Powder | Fresh and Homemade | with step by step photos and video. When selecting a ginger piece do see it is fresh. We use a grater here to grate the ginger. Use the large holes of the grater while grating ginger. Some times using small holes while grating makes the ginger juice to escape through. Similarly, while using garlic use it along with the skin. I prefer to crush the garlic and dry it. In the same way, for onions, it needs to be thinly sliced and in 3 to 4 days it will dry off completely. Try to use a stainless steel plate to spread and dry the pieces.
While drying prefer to dry under sun in the morning times and prefer to dry under shade during night times. While storing store in air-tight containers and refrigerate it for months.
Furthermore, do check out the homemade pasta sauce and also homemade red food color. Hope you would like them.
Ginger, Onion, Garlic PowderCourse: Masala PowdersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Ginger, Onion, Garlic Powder | Fresh and Homemade | with step by step photos and video. Make fresh aromatic spice powders at home.
1 Big Sized Onion
1 Big Sized Ginger Piece
1 or 2 Garlic
- Peel & finely slice the onions as thin as possible.
- Spread the thinly sliced onions over a stainless steel plate.
- Grate the ginger with the help of the large holes in the grater.
- Spread the grated ginger over a stainless steel plate.
- Separate the garlic cloves and transfer it to a blender.
- Crush or pulse it just once. Spread over a stainless steel plate.
- Drying Onion, Ginger and Garlic
- Dry them for 3 days under the sun during the mornings and under shade during the night times.
- After 3 days, the onion pieces will be easily breakable. Similarly, ginger and garlic will be completely dried off.
- Making Powders
- Transfer the dried ingredients one by one in a small mixie jar and grind it to a fine powder.
- Store them in airtight containers and refrigerate them for long use.
- May be drying may take 3 to 4 days based on the climatic conditions and places.