Homemade lemonade with a kick from fresh ginger, sweet, and a pinch of salt, poured over ice cubes makes a refreshing summer drink. This lemonade will be your favorite drink in the summer. This recipe can serve 4 people.
- 4 lemons
- 3 inch ginger piece
- 1/2 cup sugar or more (depends on your taste)
- 4 cups water chilled/ice cubes
- pinch of salt
- mint leaves optional
- Wash and pat dry lemons and ginger. I do not peel ginger, it has lot of flavors and nutrition.
- Cut each lemon into half and squeeze juice.Four large lemons will yield into approximately 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Grate the ginger.
- Take a blender add ginger, sugar, salt and lemon juice with 1 cup of water .
- Strain the lemon juice mixture into a pitcher and gently press with the back of a spatula to get all the juices out.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water, mix well.
- Serve over ice and mint leaves (optional).