Garlic Butter Fried Rice | Garlic buttery rice is a rice version of garlic bread or butter garlic naan. I love the smell of fried garlic a lot. It’s full of flavor; buttery, garlicky – and so good you can eat it plain or with any curries.
Garlic rice is a dish that is found in some Asian countries. I think it’s quite common in the Philippines.
Garlic Butter Fried Rice | To enhance the taste you can add butter at the very end. Let us look into the recipe and do try this version of me. Furthermore, do visit our other veg rice variety recipes & non-veg rice variety recipes.
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic very finely sliced
- 2 ½ tsp garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted
- 1 ½ cups white rice medium or long grain is best (biryani rice)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup scallions finely sliced
- White pepper
- Heat a saucepan and add 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, add garlic.
- Cook until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavor.
- Take some roasted garlic & keep it aside for garnishing.
- Add rice to the pan & stir it well to coat in garlic butter.
- Add 21/2cups broth to the rice mix. Place lid on the saucepan. Keep the flame in medium low while cooking rice.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. (Tilt saucepan to check.)
- Remove pan from stove but leave the lid on. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, & transfer it to a serving bowl. Stir through remaining butter, roasted garlic and scallions for garnishing.
- Flavorful garlic rice is ready to be served.