Fruit Salad with Carrot Pudding | with step by step photos and video. So fresh and flavourful, fruit salad recipe with a sweet and bright fruit-vegetable dressing. An incredibly refreshing, must have side dish that’s made with beautiful blend of delicious fruits and a carrot pudding dressing to compliment it.
This salad is tastier the longer you can let it soak in its juices. I prefer 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator before I serve it.
What is fruit salad?
A dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, sometimes served in a liquid, either their own juices or a syrup. In different forms, it can be served as an appetizer, a side salad, or a dessert.
How to make the fresh fruit salad with carrot pudding?
Fruit Salad with Carrot Pudding | with step by step photos and video. Fruits are nature’s candy, and having so many varieties in one bowl is like heaven. Moreover, finished with an carrot pudding dressing, it’s a great make ahead healthy dessert.
Firstly, a carrot caramel pudding is prepared and allowed to cool for a minimum of 3 hrs. Different varieties of fruits are mixed with this caramel carrot pudding. While choosing the fruits for the recipe, you can choose them based on your taste and preference. If the fruits you are choosing, are not sweet you can add some sugar and mix the fruits before adding the carrot pudding.
In addition, I would like to highlight our other pudding recipes also.
Fruit Salad with Carrot PuddingCourse: DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: easy
Fruit Salad with Carrot Pudding | with step by step photos and video. So fresh and flavourful, fruit salad recipe with a sweet and bright fruit-vegetable dressing.
3 tbsp + 5 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Butter
1 cup or 100 gms Grated Carrot
1 cup + 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup (optional) Milk
2 tbsp Corn Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Pinches of Salt
1/2 cup Apple Chunks
1/2 cup Grape Chunks
1/2 cup Pineapple Chunks
1/2 cup Strawberry Chunks
- Carrot Pudding
- Firstly, heat a pan and add 3 tbsp sugar.
- Caramelise the sugar until it turns golden brown over a low flame.
- Now add 1 tbsp butter and mix it well with the sugar syrup.
- Then, add 1 cup of grated carrot, 2 pinches of salt and mix it well with the caramelised syrup.
- Cover and cook the the carrot over a low flame for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now the carrot is cooked well. To this add 10 to 15 chopped cashews.
- Roast the cashews over a low flame. Once the cashews are roasted switch off the flame and separate half of this mixture to a mixie jar.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to the carrot caramelise in the pan and switch on the flame.
- Add another 1/2 cup of milk to the mixie jar and grind this to a fine paste.
- Once the mixture starts to heat up add the ground paste along with 5 tbsp sugar.
- Mix well and allow it to heat up.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp corn flour to 1/4 cup of milk and mix it to a lump free batter.
- To make the mix to a pudding consistency, add this corn flour mix and combine them well.
- For having a nice color, add a drop of pink food color or organic beetroot color.
- Then add 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, mix it and once the pudding starts to thicken switch off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Once cooled to room temperature, cool it in fridge for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Fruit Salad
- In another bowl, add 1/2 cup apple chunks, 1/2 cup grape chunks, 1/2 cup pineapple chunks and 1/2 cup strawberry chunks.
- Mix the fruits well.
- Now add the cooled carrot pudding mix.
- Toss everything together gently and serve them as it is or cool it again as a dessert or a refreshing breakfast.
- While choosing the fruits for the recipe, you can choose them based on your taste and preference. If the fruits you are choosing, are not sweet you can add some sugar