French Toast Recipe | Bombay Toast | with step by step pics & video | French toast is a dish made of sliced bread soaked in eggs and typically milk, then fried. Alternative names and variants include “eggy bread”, “Bombay toast”, “German toast”, “gypsy toast”, and “poor knights”.
How to make French Toast?
Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate. Dip the bread one by one in egg mixture & fry the slices until golden brown. Flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup/honey/jam.
French ToastCourse: ToastsCuisine: International CuisineDifficulty: Easy
French Toast Recipe | Bombay Toast | with step by step pics & video | French toast is a dish made of sliced bread soaked in eggs and typically milk, then fried.
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
5 bread slices
butter to grease
- Firstly add 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, & 1/4 tsp vanilla essence in a bowl. (You can use any desired spices of your choice, like cardamon powder. )
- Beat all ingredients together using a fork/whisk.
- Transfer this mix to a wide bowl.
- Heat a lightly oiled/buttered griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve hot with jam/butter/any syrups.
- Do not soak the bread in egg mixture longer than 20sec.