Fish Molee |A famous fish curry from Kerala. The word molee literally means stew. Fish Molee is a preparation where fish is stewed in coconut milk and very low spiced flavor in masala is prepared, so that flavor of the fish dominates the taste of the curry.
How to do Fish Selection for fish molee?
We can use all fleshy fishes for this recipe. The fish used for this curry can range anything from Kingfish to Pomfrets to any fish that is fleshy.
Moreover, it is a mild & delicate dish best served with appam, idiyappam, or even rice. Furthermore, do check out our other seafood recipes.
- King fish 1/2kg
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- A medium tomato sliced
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1tsp black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk (1st extract)
- 1/2 cup semi thick coconut milk (2nd extract)
- 1 cup thin coconut milk (3rd extract)
- 1tsp mustard Seeds
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 2-3 nos slit green chillies :
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish and pat dry it.
- Marinate the fish with ingredients listed above and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and slightly fry marinated fish pieces on a medium heat and keep it aside.
- Heat an earthen pot and pour required coconut oil.
- Splutter the mustard seeds; add the ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add the sliced onion, curry leaves, green chilies and saute till it becomes soft and translucent.
- Furthermore, add the tomatoes and saut’e for a minute.
- Add-in pepper powder and simmer the heat.
- now add thin coconut milk (3rd extract) and salt and mix well.
- Add the fried fish pieces carefully, cover, and cook the fish.
- Now pour the 2nd extract – semi thick coconut milk and hold onto the sides of the pan and swirl it until the fish is well totally immersed in the gravy.
- Let it cook slowly for some time till the fish completely absorbs it.
- Remove the pot from the fire, pour the 1st extract- thick coconut milk;
- place it on low fire again for a minute and gently shake so that it gets mixed. (Don’t stir with a spatula as it may break fish pieces. be careful)
- Enjoy the dish.
this recipe is good
Good article about cooking foods You may like Wheat pasta
Rava 190gm Powdered Sugar 150gm 4 tbsp Maida 50gm 1/2 cup Curd/Yoghurt 122.5 gm 1/2 cup milk 123 gm
I will try to upload them soon. I used a 250ml cup size.
Can you please tell the measurements in grams if possible