Eggless Vanilla Base Cake | Basic Sponge Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Basic building block for all other fancy and layer cakes in the world. Baking a sponge cake is an art and even most seasoned cooks sometimes struggle to get the perfect texture. With this step by step recipe guide, carefully measured ingredients and explanation, making a soft and sponge cake at home is super easy.
A perfect sponge makes any fancy cakes taste much better. It should be soft, fluffy and should be spongy. The British cuisine has a popular cake named Madeira Cake, which is nothing but a simple sponge cake. Unlike many other cakes, this cake is set apart because it doesn’t require any fancy ingredient like leavening, shortening or products that are not easily available for home baking.
How to make eggless vanilla base cake ?
Eggless Vanilla Base Cake | Basic Sponge Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video. The basic or plain cake is known as sponge cake which has the same characteristics of sponge with look and softness. The recipe uses oil and hint of a small amount of butter. Oil is used for the moist texture and the butter gives you a nice smell. Further recipe uses thick curd, baking powder, baking soda and vinegar to make the cake spongy and fluffy.
Plain curd and baking soda reacts with one another makes the cake soft while baking powder makes it rise during baking giving it a light and fluffy texture. Vinegar, a surprisingly common ingredient in baked goods, considering that it has such a sharp flavor. But as an acid, vinegar is often included in cake and cookie batters to react with baking soda and start the chemical reaction needed to produce carbon dioxide. This gives those batters a lift as they bake.
Further, the recipe shared here can be used in a 6″ inch or 7″ inch pan with a good amount of height. Additionally, I would like to highlight some of our trending cake recipes also. Hope you would like them also.
- Perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Eggless Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Pineapple Cake
- Carrot-Dates Cake
- Eggless Banana Rava Cake
Eggless Vanilla Base CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: IntenationalDifficulty: Moderate
Eggless Vanilla Base Cake | Basic Sponge Cake Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Basic building block for all other fancy and layer cakes in the world.
1 cup Curd
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Oil
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 cups of Maida
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Vinegar
- Firstly, let us prepare the wet ingredients. For that take a bowl. Add 1 cup curd, 1 tbsp butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add 1/2 cup cooking oil, 1 tsp vanilla essence. Combine well and keep it aside.
- Now take another bowl and sieve in 2 cups of maida, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/8 tsp salt. Dry ingredients are ready.
- For preparing the batter, again sieve in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture.
- Start mixing them using a whisk.
- When it starts difficult to combine, add 1/2 cup of milk gradually and form a lump free batter.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp vinegar. Combine them using a spatula.
- Silk smooth batter is ready.
- Grease some oil or butter in a 6″ inch cake mold and place a baking paper .
- Transfer the batter. Level it and tap to remove the air bubbles.
- Preheat a kadai with stand in it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes place the cake mold and bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes over a low flame.( or Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes at 180D celsius.)
- Now, cake is baked. Allow to cool down completely.
- Cake is so soft and spongy.
- Once cooled, level the top part and divide the cake into 4 equal parts.
- Base cake is ready. Decorate the cake as you wish. Here I am using some chocolate ganache and chocolate cream with some chocolate shavings.
- The baking time may vary based on the size of the cake pan.
- Do not over mix the cake batter.
- Add vinegar to the batter before baking.
I tried the recipe and cake texture came out good. But in taste it had soda smell and taste which ruined all the hard work.
Hi there, thank you and feel sorry for the trouble. Either, you interchanged baking soda and baking powder amount or check the expiry date of soda. This is a fail proof recipe I always use for vanilla cake base, for birthday cakes dear.