Eggless Orange Drip Cake | Moist and Tasty Recipe Using Fresh Orange Syrup | with step by step photos and video. A soft and tender cake bursting with fresh orange flavor. Made with fresh orange juice, zest, and a crunchy orange glaze topping, this Ultimate recipe packs a citrus punch in every bite.
Consider these things before baking:
Taste the orange juice before adding it to the batter. Sometimes the orange will look good, but it will taste bitter if it was left outside for long. So it’s better to taste the orange before using it in this recipe.
Measure the ingredients properly and as per the recipe below. Adding more liquid will change the texture of the cake.
How to make eggless orange drip cake?
Eggless Orange Drip Cake | Moist and Tasty Recipe Using Fresh Orange Syrup | with step by step photos and video. A moist and mouth-watering orange cake that will make you reach for the second slice in seconds. The orange flavor is perfect, and the cake batter comes together so quickly.
For the frosting part, I used heavy whipping cream. For the dripping part it is the fresh orange syrup that gives a punching taste for this recipe.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight marble cake in a saucepan, eggless banana rava cake, perfect vanilla sponge cake, eggless wheat banana cake, and vanilla ice-cream cake recipe also. Hope you would be delighted.
Eggless Orange Drip CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Eggless Orange Drip Cake | Moist and Tasty Recipe Using Fresh Orange Syrup | with step by step photos and video. A soft and tender cake bursting with fresh orange flavor
- For Cake Batter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Curd or substitute with 2eggs
1 tbsp Orange Zest
1/4 cup Cooking Oil/Butter
1 cup Maida/All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Orange Syrup
1 cup Orange Juice with Pulp
3 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
3 tbsp Sugar
- Firstly, squeeze & collect 1/2 cup of orange juice and 1 tbsp orange zest from fresh oranges.
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of thick curd .
- Whisk until sugar dissolves & it turns a smooth paste.
- To this add 1/4 cup of cooking oil or melted butter and 1 tbsp orange zest.
- Combine them using a whisk.
- Now add 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice we collected & mix it well.
- To this wet ingredient mix, sieve in 1 cup of maida, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- Fold the batter using cut and fold method, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into a 6 inch cake mold greased with oil and butter paper.
- Tap the cake mold to release the air bubbles.
- Place a stand and a plate in a kadai. Preheat the kadai for 10 minutes over a low flame. After 10 minutes, place the cake tin and bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes over a low flame. (or bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius or 350 degree fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes.)
- To check the cake has baked completely, always insert a toothpick at the centre and see if it comes out clean. Else bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool down the cake completely. Demold the cake.
- Cut the cake into 3 equal halves.
- Prepare the Orange Syrup
- Heat a pan and add 1 cup of fresh orange juice along with pulp.
- Add 4 tbsp of sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until the syrup gets thickened over a low flame.
- Once the syrup is thickened, switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely. Upon cooling the syrup will thicken more.
- Preparing the Icing
- Freeze the beater hooks and the bowl for 4 hrs before starting to beat.
- Now add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream in the bowl and start beating. Gradually increase the speed of the beater and whip.
- After 2 minutes, add 3tbsp sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks are formed.
- Assembling the Cake
- Spread some orange juice and cream layer by layer.
- Cover the cake with the cream.
- Pour the cooled orange syrup and allow it to flow naturally.
- Garnish it with some fresh orange slices.
- Orange cake is ready to serve.
- Taste the orange juice before adding it to the batter.
- Measure the ingredients properly and as per the recipe.
- The baking time varies based on the size of the cake mold.