Eggless Banana Rava Cake | Sooji or Semolina Cake | with step by step photos and video. A spongy & sweet eggless cake recipe with rava or sooji and ripe bananas as the main ingredients. A simple piece of cake makes your tummy full.
Rava cake is inspired by the Mediterranean or Middle Eastern semolina cake recipe, also known as Basbousa. Basbousa is a delicate cake infused with saffron, pistachio, lemon, orange, honey, or rose syrup.
This Indian version of the semolina cake is egg-free and made with the best available local ingredients. Moreover, in India, semolina is known as rava, suji, or sooji. Hence, the name rava cake.
How to make eggless banana rava cake recipe?
Eggless Banana Rava Cake | Sooji or Semolina Cake | with step by step photos and video. Simple and a delicious eggless cake recipe. This recipe uses roasted readymade rava available in all supermarkets. Firstly, grind rava into a fine powder. Try to use a fine rava rather than a coarse one for this cake. For the fat content, you can use either butter or cooking oil. I personally prefer using cooking oil, which yields you a better moist cake. You can either use powdered white sugar/ brown sugar based on your preferences. Lastly, do prefer using ripe bananas.
Additionally, to make this cake more interesting I had used some chopped pistachios. It is completely optional. Furthermore, do kindly check eggless banana choco-chip cake and soft banana cake recipes from the bakes and cakes section.
Eggless Banana Rava CakeCourse: CakeCuisine: internationalDifficulty: Easy
Eggless Banana Rava Cake | Sooji or Semolina Cake | with step by step photos and video. A spongy & sweet eggless cake recipe with rava or sooji and ripe bananas as the main ingredients.
1 cup Powdered Rava
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
4 tbsp Maida
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Thick Curd
1/4 cup Cooking Oil
1/2 cup Milk (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
Some Chopped Pistachios (optional)
- Firstly, peel and mash two ripe bananas using a fork. Keep it aside.
- Grind 1 cup of rava to a fine powder and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Then add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Sieve in 4 tbsp maida, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/8 tsp of salt into the bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients using a fork or whisk.
- Followed by 1/2 cup of thick curd, 1/4 cup of cooking oil, and the mashed bananas. Mix them well using a whisk or fork without forming any lumps.
- Then gradually add 1/2 cup of milk and combine the mixture using the cut & fold method. Mix until the batter is smooth and in flowing consistency.
- Cover and keep this batter aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence and mix it well. Our smooth batter is ready.
- Grease oil in a cake mold and dust off some flour, or use a baking paper. Now pour this batter into the cake mold.
- Level it and tap it to release the captured air bubbles.
- Sprinkle some pistachios or any dried fruits of your choice.
- Preheat a kadai for 10 minutes over a low flame. After 10 minutes place the cake mold over a wire stand inside the kadai. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes over a low flame. (Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes)
- Once the cake is done allow it to cool down completely before unmolding.
- Once it is cooled, unmold the cake. Cut and serve. Our soft and moist rava banana cake is ready.
- Do use ripe bananas.
- Use finely powdered rava. If the rava is coarser just grind it to a fine powder.
Easy and tasty recipe
Got the eggless banana bread, thank you so much.
This is really an awesome recipe.. Turned out soo good!!! Thankyou so much for sharing this!!
Your welcome.. Happy to know your valuable feedback.
Can you please tell the measurements in grams if possible
I will try to upload them soon. I used a 250ml cup size.
Powdered Sugar 150gm
4 tbsp Maida 50gm
1/2 cup Curd/Yoghurt 122.5 gm
1/2 cup milk 123 gm