Egg Masala Recipe | Using the Onion Tomato base masala | with step by step photos and video. One such amazing dish where boiled eggs are just simmered in a spicy masala gravy. A deliciously rich onion tomato gravy tastes exactly like the ones you get in dhabas.
The recipe here uses an onion-tomato base masala which I had already shared with you. It has a nice tangy taste of tomatoes coupled with the flavors and taste of the spices that are used. You can always use leftover eggs from breakfast or a party and toss it in a curry when you don’t feel like cooking elaborate dishes but still like to have a delicious, scrumptious meal for dinner.
How to make Egg Masala using the onion-tomato base gravy?
Egg Masala Recipe | Using the Onion Tomato base masala | with step by step photos and video. The flavorful base masala, prepared by grinding onion, tomato, and spices, which can be stored up in the refrigerator. You can make use of this masala on your busy days. Additionally, I am giving a slight twist to this masala by adding 1/4 cup of coconut milk. This enhances the flavor of this masala. Moreover, the addition of 1 tsp sugar balances out the tanginess and enhances the taste of this masala.
Furthermore, do kindly check out the Kerala style egg masala recipe too.
Egg Masala RecipeCourse: Sides, CurryCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Egg Masala Recipe | Using the Onion Tomato base masala | with step by step photos and video. One such amazing dish where boiled eggs are just simmered in a spicy masala gravy.
2 tsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup of onion-tomato base masala
3/4 cup of warm water
salt as required
1/4 tsp fennel powder
2 boiled eggs
1/4 cup of thick coconut milk
- Heat 2 tsp cooking oil and saute 1/4 tsp fennel seeds.
- Add some fresh curry leaves.
- Now roast 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and 1/4 tsp garam masala for 20 secionds over low flame.
- Then add 1/2 cup of onion tomato base masala & mix it well with the masalas.
- Followed by 3/4 cup of warm water.
- Check for salt and add 1/4 tsp fennel powder.
- Cover and cook until oil is separated. (Since this masala is already cooked it would take around 3 to 4 minutes only)
- Add the boiled eggs and cover it well in the masala.
- Cover and simmer for another 1 minute. Then add 1/4 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Mix well and once it starts to boil switch off the flame and serve it with rotis or rice or appam.
- Since this base masala is already cooked it would take around 3 to 4 minutes only to get oil separated.