Easy Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes | Moist Cupcake Recipe with HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | with step by step photos and video. These easy cupcakes are tender, light, moist, and delicious all at once. They are easy to make and turn out delicious every single time! Perfect for Valentine’s day, birthdays, get-togethers, or any celebration!
They are very easy and turn out so delicious and fluffy. The frosting made here is cream cheese frosting. It is creamy, rich, fluffy and sweet with slight tang. This is the classing frosting for red velvet cakes.
The sweetness balanced with a slight tang from the cream cheese frosting along with the signature red maroonish color is what sets these cupcakes apart from regular ones.
How does red velvet cake turn red?
Cocoa powder contains an antioxidant called anthocyanin, which is pH-sensitive, meaning it reacts to acids and bases. When raw cocoa powder reacts with acidic ingredients such as buttermilk and vinegar, it turns dark red.
How to get red color in red velvet cakes?
- There’s more to red velvet cake than just the added food coloring.
- Red velvet is made with cocoa powder, vinegar and buttermilk.
- The chemical reaction between these ingredients help give the cake a deep maroon color that is often enhanced by extra food coloring.
The trick to using our Red Velvet Color when baking cakes and cupcakes is to lower the pH. Some ways to do this is by substituting baking powder in place of baking soda, using a natural non-alkalized cocoa powder, adding more white vinegar or buttermilk to your red velvet recipe, to achieve a bright red color.
Which colour is perfect for red velvet cake?
Red velvet cake wouldn’t be red without food coloring. I recommend Super red gel food coloring because the color is concentrated, so you need less of it. If you prefer natural red color you can use homemade organic beet colors too.
How to make Easy Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes?
Easy Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes | Moist Cupcake Recipe with homemade cream cheese frosting | with step by step photos and video. Just like any other red velvet cake recipe, the main and common ingredients are: white vinegar, baking soda, cocoa powder and buttermilk. First make buttermilk substitute. Take milk and white vinegar in a bowl. Mix well & let it sit for 5 minutes on countertop. Within this time, milk will be curdled. Instead of this mixture, you can use buttermilk. Further mix the wet and dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
Further, bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Mine was baked at 16 minutes time. Do keep an eye on them from 15 minutes.
Furthermore, do check out our trending microwave dessert recipes:
- Eggless Coconut Mug Cake
- Carrot Mug Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Milk Pudding Recipe
- Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- One Minute Brownie
- Two Minute Mango Semolina Mug Cake
Easy Eggless Red Velvet CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: internationalDifficulty: Easy
Easy Eggless Red Velvet Cupcakes | Moist Cupcake Recipe with homemade cream cheese frosting | with step by step photos and video. These easy cupcakes are tender, light, moist, and delicious all at once.
- CupCake Ingredients
3/4 cup Milk
1 tbsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Oil
2 tbsp Thick Curd
4 to 5 drops of Super Red Gel Food Color
3/4 cup Maida
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup Full Fat Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
1/4 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven at 180C for 10 minutes and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup milk and 1 tbsp vinegar in a bowl. Whisk it well. Set aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Mean while, add 1/2 cup caster sugar, and 1/4 cup oil in a bowl. Start blending them in. Further add in 2 tbsp Curd and the curdled milk set aside.
- Mix and combine well until pale.
- Add in 4 to 5 red gel food color drops and mix them.
- Now, sieve in 3/4 cup maida,1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Now using the whisk, start mixing it. Do not over mix it. Mix till you see everything is incorporated well.
- Now switch to spatula, run it around the sides and bottom of the bowl to clean the sides and to mix. This way, you won’t miss any dry flour.
- Now divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan. It should be filled only about half way to ¾ way full to get flat surface. You can prepare the cupcakes in batches too.
- Tap the tray twice to release the air bubbles.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degree or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool down. Meanwhile, let us prepare the frosting.
- HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Add 1 cup full fat milk in a pan.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add in 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar. Mix them well.
- Reduce the flame to low. Allow to boil until the milk separates. Now switch off the flame.
- Now drain the curdled milk using a muslin cloth. Keep the set up as shown below.
- Press the cream using a spoon to drain the water content. Leave them for 5 to 10 minutes until the water content is completely drained off and the mixture is cooled.
- Transfer the cooled cream to a small blender followed by 1/2 to 1 tbsp drained water from the milk. Add water carefully.
- Blend until a smooth creamy texture is obtained. Cream cheese is ready.
- Transfer it to bowl. Add 1 tbsp powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. Mix them well and keep it in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipping cream. Beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks.
- Add the prepared cooled cream cheese to the whipping cream and beat over a low speed until well combined.
- Pipe them and decorate the cupcakes.
- Make sure all the ingredients for the cupcakes should be at room temperature.