Desi Masala Penne Pasta | Hot & Cheesy Schezwan Pasta Recipe | Indian Style | with step by step photos and video. A unique and fusion recipe between 2 popular cuisine i.e Indian cuisine and Italian cuisine. Basically a desi or spicy twist to the authentic Italian pasta recipe to meet the taste buds of spice lovers.
An easy, tasty and simple to prepare Indian style flavorful & delicious vegetarian pasta recipe. If you love pasta, and if you love Indian food, you need to try this recipe. Indo-Italian fusion food may be a newer concept than Indo-Chinese. Recipes like this Masala Pasta which has become popular, in all its brilliant glory, on the streets of cities like New Delhi and Bombay.
Masala pasta and masala noodles are a favorite with many folks including kids. This recipe gives a tasty masala pasta and makes for a good brunch, snack or a light dinner. You can also pack it in the kids tiffin box.
Tips for making masala pasta
- You can add your choice of veggies in the pasta. Usually, the veggies which I add are carrots, capsicum, french beans, green peas & cabbage.
- However this recipe can also be made without any veggies. But I would suggest adding the veggies as it makes the dish more wholesome and nutritious.
- I used penne pasta. You can also use macaroni or other pasta varieties.
How to make desi masala penne pasta?
Desi Masala Penne Pasta | Hot & Cheesy Pasta Recipe | Indian Style | with step by step photos and video. This pasta recipe is made in Indian style using spices and herbs used in Indian cooking. This Indian style desi pasta features tender penne pasta coated with flavorful, Indian spiced masala, lots of veggies, and Italian seasoning. Just imagine all that goodness!
In this pasta recipe I had skipped using tomatoes. Moreover, the recipe is completely open ended and can be experimented with choice of veggies, cream, cheese and sauces. Firstly, cook the pasta and keep them separately. Prepare the masala of your choice and toss the cooked pasta in the prepared masala.
In addition, I would like to highlight our other trending pudding recipes also. Hope you would love them.
Desi Masala Penne PastaCourse: pastaCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Desi Masala Penne Pasta | Hot & Cheesy Pasta Recipe | Indian Style | with step by step photos and video. A unique and fusion recipe between 2 popular cuisine i.e Indian cuisine and Italian cuisine.
- For Cooking Pasta(or follow the instructions on the cover)
5 cup Water
2 cup Penne Pasta
Salt to taste
1 tsp Olive Oil
- For Preparing Masala Pasta
11/2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Finely chopped Garlic
2 Green Chilies
2 Kashmiri Red Chilies
1/2 cup thinly sliced Onion
1/4 cup thinly sliced Carrot
1/2 cup thinly sliced Beans
3/4 cup thinly sliced Cabbage
1/2 cup thinly sliced Capsicum
1 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Fennel Powder
2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
Salt for Veggies
2 tbsp Ketchup
2 tsp Soya Sauce
Handful of Mozarella Cheese
- Keep 5 to 6 cups of water in a pan and add salt & 1 tsp oil. Once the water starts to boil, add the pasta & Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Check if the pasta is cooked. Take a pasta shell & Cut the pasta in half and check the center. The pasta should be uniform in color.
- Once the pasta is cooked switch off the flame.
- Drain the liquid & keep it aside.
- Now heat 11/2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic, 2 green chilies (slit in middle) and 2 Kashmiri red chilies.
- Mix them over a low flame. Now add 1/2 cup onion, followed by 1/4 cup Carrot, 1/2 cup Beans, 3/4 cup Cabbage and 1/2 cup Capsicum.
- Saute them over a low flame for one minute.
- Add the Indian spices one by one: 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, 1/4 tsp Garam Masala, 1/4 tsp Fennel Powder and salt for the veggies.
- Saute them again for 1 minute over a low flame.
- Now add 2 tbsp Ketchup, 2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce, 2 tsp Soya Sauce.
- Mix them well & add the cooked pasta.
- Toss well. Cover & simmer for 1 minute over a low flame.
- Switch off the flame & add a handful of grated mozarella cheese.
- Cover for another one minute.
- Cheesy & spicy indian masala pasta is ready to be served.
- Cook pasta based on the package instructions.
- You can add your choice of veggies in the pasta.