Delicious Falafel Recipe | Easy Falafel Balls | with step by step photos & video. Delicious balls of chickpea and herb goodness that you find in Middle Eastern cooking.
What is falafel?
Falafel is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. Deep-fried for a texture that’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, sort of like a fritter. It’s a great source of protein for people who have cut meat out of their diet.
One of the popular deep-fried snacks from the middle east or Arab cuisine. Moreover, it is served with hummus, mayonnaise or tahini sauce. Typically falafel is eaten as a patty with bread or wraps. However, it can also be eaten by itself as a snack.
How to make the most delicious falafel recipe ?
Delicious Falafel Recipe | How to Make Chickpea Balls| with step by step photos & video. Some tips for the best falafel recipes: Firstly, I would not recommend to use canned chickpeas which you get in super market. I would heavily recommend to soak the chickpea overnight and use it to prepare the falafel dough. Secondly, adding baking soda helps to make it light and fluffy. In addition, maida helps to hold the chickpea dough in shape.
Furthermore, do check out our other snack recipes too. Hope you would like them.
Delicious Falafel Balls RecipeCourse: SnacksCuisine: ArabDifficulty: Easy
Delicious Falafel Balls Recipe | Easy Falafel Balls | How to make Chickpea Falafel? | with step by step photos & video. Delicious balls of chickpea and herb goodness that you find in Middle Eastern cooking.
1/2 cup dry chickpea/chana
1/2 cup parsley leaves
3/4 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1 large garlic clove
1 or 2 green chilies (based on your spiciness)
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt as required
1/4 tsp baking soda(optional)
1 tbsp maida/all-purpose flour
oil for deep frying
- Firstly soak 1/2 cup of chickpea with enough water overnight or for 8hrs.
- Next day, drain off the water and transfer it to a mixie or food processor.
- Furthermore, add 1/2 cup parsley leaves, 3/4 cup coriander leaves, 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion, 1 clove, 1 or 2 green chilies, 3/4tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp coriander powder & 1/2 tsp pepper powder along with the chickpeas.
- Blend coarsely in a food processor without adding any water. (Same consistency like for paruppu vada)
- Transfer this mix to a bowl. Add salt as required.
- Additionally, add-in 1/4 tsp baking powder &1 tbsp maida. Mix the batter
- Now wet your hands and prepare small sized balls.
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil. Also stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
- Once the falafel turns golden brown, drain off on to the kitchen paper.
- Serve it with mayonnaise or hummus.
- Addition of maida helps to hold the chickpea balls in shape.
- While grinding the chickpeas do not add water.