Dates Cake Recipe | Soft & Moist Cake| Eggless & Ovenless | with step by step pics & video. Dates cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the moist cakes I had ever eaten.
How to make simple dates cake?
This cake recipe will be a delight to bake. Rich in dates & dates flavor, makes it a rich cake too. This recipes calls for boiling & blending the dates before mixing in. And small chunks of cut dates gives that crunchy flavor that will leave you asking for more.
Dates Cake Recipe| Soft & Moist Cake recipe | Eggless & Ovenless | with step by step pics & video. This date cake recipe is an eggless recipe. With soft moist texture and dense dates flavor, the warm cake will get wiped off in a jiffy. You can even add nuts or chocolate chips of your choice for extra crunchiness.
Furthermore do check out our other baking recipes. Hope you would like them.
Dates Cake RecipeCourse: BakesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Dates Cake Recipe | Soft & Moist Cake | Eggless & Ovenless | with step by step pics & video. Dates cake made from luscious dates is probably one of the moist cakes I had ever eaten.
1 cup seedless dates
1 cup of water
1 tsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil/melted butter
1/2 cup thick curd
1&1/2 cup all-purpose flour/maida
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped dates
- Boiling the dates
- Boil 1 cup of seedless dates in 1 cup of water.
- Once the dates turn soft add in 1 tsp butter & mix well.
- Put the flame to high & let the extra water be dried off.
- Switch off the flame & allow it to cool.
- Once the dates are cooled transfer it to a blender & blend well.
- Making Cake Batter
- Transfer the blended date mix to a mixing bowl.
- Add in 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of oil & mix well.
- Now add in 1/2 cup of thick curd & whisk well until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Once done, sieve in the dry ingredients: 1&1/2 cup of flour, 1/2tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder & a pinch of salt to the wet ingredients.
- Mix well using cut & fold method. Add 1/3 cup of milk in intervals & mix well.
- I am adding 1/2tsp vanilla essence to the cake batter. This step is completely optional.
- Followed by 1 tbsp lemon juice. Now mix the cake batter once again using the cut & fold method.
- At-last adds in 2tbsp chopped dates to the cake batter & mix well.
- Our cake batter is ready to bake.
- Grease a cake pan (8″ inch loaf pan) with oil/butter & dust off some flour.
- Pour in the cake batter & level it using a spatula.
- Double-tap the cake pan to let the air bubbles escape.
- Preheat the kadai in low flame for 10minute.
- Now place the cake pan in the kadai over a wire stand. Bake it for 35-45 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. OR (Bake in a preheated oven of 180 C for about 350 to 45 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow the cake to rest around 15 to 20 minutes/until it is cooled off completely.
- Now de-mold the cake. Cut & serve the soft & moist dates cake.