Curd rice is a popular yogurt rice dish in south India. It can be easily prepared by just combining whisked curd and left-over mashed rice. If you want you can add some dry/fresh fruits. This recipe can be included in our daily diet.
Curd RiceCourse: MainCuisine: indianDifficulty: easy
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup curd/yogurt, fresh and thick
1 tsp fresh cream, optional
salt to taste
¼ cup full cream milk
a handful of pomegranate seeds
- For Tempering
2 tsp oil
¾ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp urad dal
generous pinch of asafoetida/hing
2 dried red chilli
few curry leaves
- In a large mixing bowl take cooked rice and mash well.
- Furthermore add curd, cream, salt and milk.
- Mix well and also mash rice if there are any lumps
- Also add more curd or milk to adjust the consistency.
- For tempering add oil in a small kadai.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, hing and allow to splutter.
- Additionally add dried red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this hot tempering over the curd rice.
- Additionally, add pomegranate seeds(optional).
- Finally, mix well and serve with pickle.