As we all know corn contains a fair amount of fiber. Corn may contain a fair amount of several vitamins and minerals. Notably, the amount is highly variable depending on the corn type. In general, popcorn is rich in minerals, whereas sweet corn is higher in many vitamins.
It is a simple snack where corn is coated with maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt and black pepper powder mixture and then deep fried until it changes its colour to golden brown and becomes crispy. Once it is fried, they are cooked along with onion, coriander leaves, and spices.
Here today we are gonna see a corn recipe, an ideal snack recipe suitable for all age groups.I like spicy so I am adding chilly powder to this recipe. This dish is served warm and hot, once rested looses its crispy flavor . In this recipe, I have used frozen sweet corn kernels which are already de-seeded and also thawed. If you like to use fresh sweet corn kernels, you may have to de-seed it first and then boil in water. Lets enjoy the recipe:
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- water to boil
For Coating & Frying
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour / maida
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Oil for frying
For Coating masala
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tbsp lemon juice(optional)
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat water in a large pot.
- Add corn kernels and boil until they are softened.
- Drain the water and spread the corn on a kitchen towel .
- Mix corn kernels with cornflour, all purpose flour, rice flour, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl.
- Mix well and add some more corn flour and maida if the corn is too wet.
- Add a few drops of water if the corn is too dry.
- Heat oil for frying the corns in a pan.
- Put the corn in hot oil and fry until crispy and golden brown on medium high flame.
- Cover the pan while frying the corn.
- transfer the fried corn into a large bowl.
- add ½ tsp chilly powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, and ¼ tsp salt.
- make sure all spices are well combined.
- Add 2 tbsp onion, and 2 tbsp coriander, lemon juice and mix well.
- Enjoy crispy hot corn.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara