Country Chicken Curry | Naattu kozhi kulambu /authentic country chicken curry is an authentic chicken kulambu recipe. They call for local ingredients and fresh ground spices which take this chicken curry to a whole new level. In addition, this recipe takes some time to make but it is worth every minute.
How to make country chicken curry?
Each ingredient used in this recipe makes this curry taste so exotic, especially the shallots, gingelly oil, and freshly roasted spices. Furthermore, do check out other chicken recipes.
- Country Chicken / Nattu Kozhi 1 kg
- Indian Sesame Oil / Nala Ennai / Gingelly oil ½ cup
- Shallots 15 chopped
- Curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes 2 nos chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves a handful
To roast and grind
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Whole Pepper 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds 1 tbsp
- Cloves 4nos
- Cinnamon 1 small stick
- Shallots 10 left whole
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Poppy Seeds/ Kasa Kasa – 2 tbsp(optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in an earthen pot. Add in the ingredients give for roasting and grinding list and saute
- for 5 mins on low flame. Now remove this to a blender and make it into a fine puree. Set this aside till use.
- Take coconut and poppy seeds in a blender and make into a fine puree. Set this aside till use.
- Take the same pot and heat oil in it.
- Add in chopped shallots, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of mins.
- Now add in tomatoes and saute until they turn mushy.
- Add in salt, add the spice powders and saute for a min.
- Followed by chicken. Mix well with the masala.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil
- Cover the pot and simmer it for 15-20 mins till the chicken is 3/ 4th done.
- Now add in the onion masala, coconut masala and mix well.
- Cover the pot again and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add in lots of coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve with rice.