Corn Flour or Bombay Karachi Halwa | Simple and Easy Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Super silky, soft and melt in your mouth Indian dessert. A dessert which combines just a few basic pantry ingredients and a pretty straight forward method to come out with an outstanding recipe, perfect for special occasions.
Ideal halwa recipe which can be made within minutes without any complicated ingredients and can be served as dessert to various occasions. Generally, the corn flour halwa is made in red or orange in color but can be made in different types of color and shape as per the preference. The flour used in making karachi halwa is the white colored corn flour. This is called as corn starch in western countries. In Indian we call it as corn flour. So if you live in europe or america, use corn starch to make karachi halwa.
How to make corn flour karachi halwa?
Corn Flour or Bombay Karachi Halwa | Simple and Easy Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Soft and melt in the mouth is karachi halwa which is also known as Bombay halwa. Moreover, karachi halwa is made with basically four ingredients : corn flour, ghee, water and sugar. While making halwa you can add your choice of dry fruits. I personally prefer adding ghee as it induces the flavor and smell for halwa. Be particular not to add oil. Additionally, the recipe shared here gives you a soft and super delicious halwa. it is does not have a chewy texture.
Furthermore, I request you to kindly check out my tutti-frutti recipe. Further to do I would like to mention my other related recipe categories like:
Corn Flour or Bombay Karachi HalwaCourse: Dessert, HalwaCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Corn Flour or Bombay Karachi Halwa | Simple and Easy Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Super silky, soft and melt in your mouth Indian dessert.
1 cup Corn Flour
2 cups + 2 cups of water
2 1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup pf Ghee
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
2 to 3 tbsp Chopped Nuts(Cashews & Pistachios)
1 to 2 pinches of Orange Food Color
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 1 cup corn flour.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well until the flour is dissolved. Make sure there are no lumps and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan or kadai over medium flame and add 2 cups of water.
- Followed by 2 1/4 cup of sugar and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, turn the flame to low-medium. Then add the corn starch mixture to the pan. Mix well and stir continuously. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Cook until the corn flour thickens and obtain a glassy or glossy texture.
- Further, add 1/2 cup of ghee little by little. Firstly, add 1 tbsp ghee and mix until ghee is well absorbed. Keep adding ghee in batches until it absorbs completely.
- Continue to stir until the mixture starts to release ghee. Now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder, 2 tbsp cashew and pistachios chopped.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined. Now add 2 pinches of orange food color. Mix well until the halwa turns like gelly texture.
- Grease the mold with ghee & sprinkle some chopped nuts.
- Switch off the flame & transfer the halwa mixture into the mold. Level it up.
- Allow it to cool completely for a minimum of 1 to 2 hrs or until the halwa is set completely.
- Finally, demold & cut the karachi halwa into pieces and enjoy for 2 weeks when refrigerated.
- Do continuously stir the corn flour mix to avoid forming lumps.
- Based on the sweetness you can increase or decrease the amount of sugar.
- Do allow the halwa to set for a minimum of 1to 2 hrs before cutting to pieces.