Coconut Rice | Thenga Sadham | A very simple recipe and can be done even by those who do not know cooking, provided they know how to cook rice. In this coconut rice, I have added finely chopped ginger and little cumin seeds to give it a special taste. If you want your coconut rice to taste yummy, be generous in adding coconut.
- Cooked rice 2 cups
- Fresh grated coconut 1 cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Channa dal 1/2 tbsp
- Urad dal 2 tsp
- Red chillies 1
- Green chillies 1 slit
- Curry leaves few
- Ginger (finely chopped or slivered ) 1 inch piece
- Hing – a pinch
- Cashew nuts -8-10
- Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds (optional) when it splutters, add channa dal, urad dal and red chillies. (add channa dal first as it will take time to get roasted, then add urad dal )
- When dal changes color slightly, add green chillies, ginger, hing, curry leaves and cashew nuts. Sauté until cashew nuts turn golden brown.
- Add grated coconut and sauté for a few minutes. It is not necessary to fry the grated coconut until it turn brown. Add salt needed and mix well and switch off the heat. Fluff cooked rice with a fork and add it to the prepared coconut mix. Mix the cooked rice well with the coconut.
- Serve with papads or any gravy of your choice.
you can either make at home or it will be available in super markets. If you making at home, soak…
Where do i get sprouted wheat
Thank you…. Your most welcome dear:)
For the first time I got the perfect ghee roast recipe. After trying too many recipes ….. Thank you ❤️
thank you so much… 🙂