Chocolate Semolina | Rava Cake. Indian families are generally fond of Semolina. Plain semolina cake itself is so delicious. Now think of adding the richness of chocolate into it.
How to make chocolate semolina cake?
To make our chocolate semolina cake recipe a butterless cake recipe, I have used oil. I personally prefer love oil-based cakes that’s because even after you store the cake in the refrigerator, the crumb stays soft.
Suji made from rough, coarsely ground whole wheat, is healthier than our refine wheat preparations.
- 1 cup Suji or Rava or Samolina
- 1/2 cup Fresh curd
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Refined oil
- 1/2 cup + 3tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Take 1cup rava or semolina in a blender & grind it to fine powder. keep it aside.
- Add ½ cup fresh, thick curd & sugar in to large bowl and whisk it until sugar is dissolved.
- Now add in the refined oil & combine everything using a spatula or whisk.
- Now its time to add the dry ingredients. Sieve the fine rava and baking powder into the bowl & mix using cut & fold method.
- Add ½ cup + 3tbsp milk in-between intervals & mix it thoroughly without leaving lumps.
- Cover & keep it aside for 10min
- Preheat a kadai 10min on medium flame.
- Meanwhile take the cake mold and brush oil and dust it with flour
- Now transfer the cake batter into a cake mold and double tap it.
- Place the wire stand inside kadai & keep the mold over the wire stand & cover the kadai.
- Now bake the cake on medium flame for 30 to 40min./(In oven bake for 3o min at 180 degree celsius )
- To test if the cake is done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool for 15 minutes before unmoulding.
- Once it is cooled, remove from mold and it’s ready to be served.