Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes | With Butter Cream Frosting | with step by step photos and video. This Chocolate Cupcake recipe is easy with great results every time. A surprising ingredient makes these moist, fluffy and super chocolatey cupcakes. These cupcakes are so soft, fluffy, and all about the chocolate flavor. This is a full proof recipe that we know you are going to be obsessed with once you try it out.
Top them with buttercream frosting and you have the ultimate chocolate lovers cupcake!
What are cupcakes?
A small cake designed to serve one person, which may be baked in a small thin paper or aluminum cup.
Originally, cupcakes were baked in heavy pottery cups. Some bakers still use individual ramekins, small coffee mugs, large tea cups, or other small ovenproof pottery-type dishes for baking cupcakes. Usually baked in muffin tins. These pans are most often made from metal, with or without a non-stick surface, and generally have six or twelve depressions or “cups”. A standard size cup is 3 inches (76 mm) in diameter. Specialty pans may offer many different sizes and shapes.
What is the surprising ingredient?
These chocolate cupcakes are moist and fluffy at the same time with a tender crumb. The coffee is the secret ingredient here and makes these intensely chocolatey and gives the cupcakes a deeper color. You can’t really taste the coffee in these and you probably wouldn’t know it’s there if you didn’t read the recipe, but it really makes the chocolate flavor shine.
Can I Substitute the Coffee?
You can substitute 1 cup coffee with 1 cup room temperature buttermilk. More than trying with buttermilk, coffee gives an exact and perfect texture for our cupcake. I had already shared with you cupcakes using buttermilk. Do check out the recipe.
What is the perfect temperature for baking cupcakes?
As for convectional oven, bake at 350˚F or 180 degree C on the center rack of the oven for exactly 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
How to make Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes?
Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes | With Butter Cream Frosting | with step by step photos and video. The process of making is extremely simple and they come together in minutes. Moreover, the thing about this cake recipe is not only is it incredibly easy to make, with ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry, but it produces a surprisingly moist and delicious cupcakes. The recipe follows a simple buttercream frosting made into Christmas tree cupcakes.
Chocolate Christmas Tree CupcakesCourse: CupcakesCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
- For Making Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups Maida/ all-purpose flour
1 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm coffee (1 cup Warm water+1 tsp Coffee Powder)
1 Tbsp white distilled vinegar
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Buttercream Frosting
1 cup Unsalted butter (at room temp)
3 cup Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 to 3 tbsp MIlk or heavy cream
Green Food Color
- For making Christmas Tree Cupcakes
3 Ice Cream Cones
Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes | With Butter Cream Frosting | with step by step photos and video. This Chocolate Cupcake recipe is easy with great results every time
- Firstly, Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Fill a 12-count muffin tin or 6- count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl add in 11/2 cup maida, 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix them well and keep aside.
- For preparing coffee, take 1 cup of hot water & add 1 tsp instant coffee powder. Mix well & allow to cool down to luke warm temp.
- To the luke warm coffee, add in 1/3 cup vegetable oil, an egg, 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp vanilla essence.
- Mix & combine them well.
- Now add 1 cup & 2 tbsp sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved well.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk just until the ingredients come together and no dry streaks remain. Batter will be a little loose.
- Scoop the batter, filling each cup 2/3 full (do not over-fill). Bake 18-20 min at 180 degrees or, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely to room temperature before frosting.
- Preparing Buttercream
- Take 1 cup softened butter in a bowl. Beat it until it changes its color & becomes fluffy.
- Sift in 3 cups powdered sugar in intervals and beat in low speed. Firstly, add 1 cup sugar & 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Beat on low speed until sugar is incorporate. Then increase to medium/high speed and beat for 3 to 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl several times to ensure everything is well blended.
- Now to thin the consistency add in 2 to 3 tbsp milk or heavy cream.
- Add another tablespoon of heavy cream or milk if needed to thin the frosting.
- At this stage we can and food colors & mix them well for the desired color.
- Making Christmas tree cupcakes
- Take a cupcake & apply a layer of white color butter cream frosting & keep aside.
- Take an ice cream cone & apply a thin coating of green color cream over the cone.
- Place the cone over the cupcake & decorate the cone using a star nozzle. sift some powdered sugar.
- Enjoy tree cupcakes. Merry Christmas.
- Do not overfill cupcake tin. If you add more than 2/3, it will flow over, get stuck to the tin, and won’t form that perfect dome top. It’s better to have a little batter left over than to overflow the pan.