Chicken Steak Recipe | Grill Chicken with Veggies | with step by step photos & video. Chicken Steak Recipe with roasted vegetables & french fries is a complete meal in itself. Flavorsome chicken served with herbed vegetables that are pan-roasted & baked in the oven. The recipe is from Western cuisine.
What is Chicken Steak?
Chicken fried steak, also known as country-fried steak, is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of beefsteak coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried. It is sometimes associated with the Southern cuisine of the United States.
How to make Chicken Steak?
Chicken Steak Recipe | Grill Chicken with Veggies | with step by step photos & video. The ultimate Chicken Fried Steak is fried & baked to golden perfection and topped with the creamiest sauce you can imagine, sure to quickly become a family favorite. It is better to use the fleshy part of the chicken for this recipe, especially chicken breasts. Because it is loaded with full of protein.
Moreover, the chicken is marinated in a lovely marinade that is bursting with flavors that include oregano , ginger, garlic and mixed herbs, then pan-roasted & baked along with the vegetable. All of which add to the yummilicious taste of the chicken. Furthermore, to balance out the meal, a simple portion of french fries is served.
Lastly, do checkout my other chicken recipe collections here.
Chicken Steak Recipe | Grill Chicken with VeggiesCourse: MainCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Intermediate
Chicken Steak Recipe | Grill Chicken with Veggies | with step by step photos & video. Chicken Steak Recipe with roasted vegetables & french fries is a complete meal in itself.
2 pieces of Chicken Breast
2 tsp Ginger Paste
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
1 1/2 tsp + as required, Pepper Powder
3 tsp + as required, Chilli Flakes
1 tsp + as required, Oregano
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tsp + as required Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
1 Carrot sliced or cubed
1 Capsicum sliced or cubed
4 French Beans sliced or cubed
1 bunch of Broccoli
1 cup of Cauliflower florets
1 medium-sized potato sliced or cubed
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped Ginger & Garlic
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Corn Flour
Salt as required
1/4 to 1/2 cup of water
- Firstly, let us marinate the chicken pieces.
- For that add in 1 ½ tsp garlic paste, 2 tsp ginger paste, salt as required, 3 tsp chili flakes, 1 ½ tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp olive oil & juice of a half lemon in a bowl. Mix well & form the marinade.
- Apply this marinade uniformly on all the sides of the chicken pieces.
- Cover & allow it to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Pan-fry the chicken**
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil & fry the marinated chicken pieces over high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip & fry both sides of chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken in the oven
- Replace the pan-fried chicken from the pan to an oven-safe tray covered with aluminum foil paper.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes & cook the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Pan Roast the Veggies
- In the same pan add the potato slices, salt as required, ½ tsp pepper powder & 1 tsp oregano.
- Pan roast both the sides of the veggies & keep aside.
- You can choose the veggies of your choice.
- Similarly, pan roast cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, beans & capsicum.
- Saute all the veggies one by one by adding the required salt. Pan roast the veggies & keep them aside.
- Preparing chicken Steak with veggies
- Once the chicken is taken out of the oven, layer the veggies & the chicken steaks one above one in the same pan & again cook them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chicken Steak Sauce
- Meanwhile, let us cook the sauce for these chicken steaks.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil, add 1 ½ tsp garlic, 1 ½ tsp ginger finely chopped and saute until it turns into light brown color. This will take about a minute.
- Once done, add in ¼ to ½ cup of water required & salt as required for the sauce.
- Further add 1 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp honey/sugar & mix well.
- Then based on your spiciness add 1 ½ to 2 tsp chili flakes & 1 tsp oregano.
- Lastly, add 1 tsp cornflour mixed in water to the sauce. Mix well & switch off the flame.
- Plating the chicken steaks
- On a serving plate, place the chicken steaks,& roasted vegetables, potato mash. Pour the steak sauce just before serving.
- To balance out the meal, a simple portion of French fries is served.