Chicken Lollipop Recipe | Dry Version | Drums of Heaven | with step by step photos and video. The most desirable pieces of chicken bathed in a spicy red paste and fried to a succulent, crispy appetizer, is an easy win at any party. They taste as good as they look! The crunch at each bite and the tenderness at each mouthful makes you want to take one more; it is no exaggeration. It never is enough!
These are everyone’s favorite, especially for all the foodies who love desi Chinese foods. Lollipops are versatile, yummy and extremely easy to make. And the best part is you can easily make them at home like restaurants. If you have been looking for such a lollipop chicken recipe, you have come to the right place.
What is chicken lollipop ?
a popular dish in Indian subcontinent. And loved by all sections of the society. According to Wikipedia, it is essentially a frenched chicken winglet, wherein the meat is cut loose from the bone end and pushed down creating a lollipop appearance. It is usually served hot with schezwan sauce. It can be defined as spiced batter coated chicken wings( lollipops) deep fried till crisp golden.
When you order chicken lollipop at a restaurant, they’ll always be a deep red colour. That comes from food coloring, which we are staying away from. I like using kashmiri red chilli powder which also gives it that same reddish hue.
What part of chicken makes lollipop?
Usually prepared using the middle segment of the chicken wing or thigh. The middle segment has one of the two bones removed, and the flesh on the segments is pushed to one end of the bone. These are then coated in a spicy red batter. These are readily available in supermarkets also.
How to make chicken lollipop recipe?
Chicken Lollipop Recipe | Dry Version | Drums of Heaven | with step by step photos and video. A fusion recipe of Indo-Chinese Cuisine. Crisp on the outside, juicy and succulent on the inside, this recipe will give you the best results. It’s all in the batter. To make these things easier, you can buy the ready-made lollipop that is easily available or buy the wings and make the lollipop chicken drumsticks. The lollipops are marinated first, for about half an hour. That’s all you need for marination. Then they are deep fried over a medium flame until golden brown. Moreover, they are generally served as an appetizer or snacks. So you can serve schezwan sauce or sweet chilly sauce along with them.
Further, I would like to highlight our trending Honey Glazed Chicken, Chicken 65 | Juicy Fry Recipe, Chicken Nuggets, Tandoori Chicken With Mint Chutney, and Chicken Steak Recipe | Grill Chicken with Veggies. Hope you would enjoy them too.
Chicken Lollipop RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Chicken Lollipop Recipe | Dry Version | Drums of Heaven | with step by step photos and video. The most desirable pieces of chicken bathed in a spicy red paste and fried to a succulent, crispy appetizer, is an easy win at any party.
14 Chicken Lollipops (Store bought)
3/4 tbsp Soya Sauce
1/2 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Ginger Paste
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (for color)
1 tsp Pepper Powder
Salt as required
1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
3 tbsp Corn Flour
2 tbsp Maida
Oil for Frying
- In a mixing bowl, add cleaned and pat dried chicken lollipops, followed by 3/4 tbsp Soya Sauce, 1/2 tbsp Vinegar, 1 tbsp Ginger Paste, 1 tbsp Garlic Paste, 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder, 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (for color), 1 tsp Pepper Powder, Salt as required, 1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce, 1 Egg, 3 tbsp Corn Flour and 2 tbsp Maida.
- Mix and rub the marinade with the raw lollipops properly so that all parts of the lollipops are well coated and covered with the batter.
- Cover and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat adequate amount of oil in a deep vessel pan or kadai over medium high heat flame. And when the oil become hot lower the flame to low-medium.
- Now hold one batter coated lollipop from the bone part and remove excess batter downwards. And place the lollipop into the oil carefully. Similarly remove any excess batter from other lollipops and place into the hot oil.
- Fry them over low flame heat till become crisp golden. It will take around 6 to 7 minutes to cook properly from inside as well.
- When done remove them on a kitchen towel or paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Wrap the end side with aluminium foil for a good restaurant style look.
- Garnish them on a serving plate and serve hot with schezwan sauce or sweet chilly sauce. You can top them with some chopped spring onions or coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve immediately after fried for that crispness.
- Fry only a few lollipop pieces at once. Do not overcrowd the pan.