Chicken Liver Roast | with step by step photos and video. A quick and easy recipe where the chicken liver is sauteed along with masalas, spices, onion, and green chilies. Serve this delicious spicy chicken liver fry as a side with your lunch meal.
Benefits of Liver:
Chicken livers are an excellent source of Vitamin A, Folate, and Vitamin B-12. It supports eye health and helps to produce new red blood cells. Though the chicken livers are quite high in cholesterol, consuming in moderation is good for the health.
How to make Chicken Liver Roast?
Chicken Liver Roast | with step by step photos and video. It’s a spicy and flavorful recipe. A great way to enjoy eating chicken livers. There are certain misconceptions that it is unhealthy as it contains too many toxins. It is true that it helps to detoxicate, but it does not store them. Apart from iron, Chicken Liver contains plenty of Vitamin A and other minerals, so incorporating them into your diet would be great. Green and leafy vegetables are other sources of iron. Do kindly check out our microgreen recipes too. Hope you would like them.
Chicken liver recipes are quite different and taste different too. This recipe involves marination of the liver with some spice masalas which are later roasted with the onion and green chilies.
Chicken Liver RoastCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Chicken Liver Roast | with step by step photos and video. A quick and easy recipe where the chicken liver is sauteed along with masalas, spices, onion, and green chilies.
500 gms Chicken Liver (washed and cleaned)
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Fennel Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
3/4 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Salt as required
- For Preparing Liver Roast
11/2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
1/4 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
Few Curry Leaves
2 to 3 Green Chillies
1 Onion (medium-sized & finely chopped)
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Pepper Powder
Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Firstly, wash and clean 500gms of chicken liver and transfer it to a mixing bowl
- Add 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder, 2 tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Fennel Powder, 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder, 3/4 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste, salt as required, and some curry leaves.
- Marinate it well. Cover and keep it aside for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Preparing Chicken Liver Roast
- Heat 11/2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan or kadai.
- Saute 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds, 1/4 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste, 2 to 3 green chilies, and some fresh curry leave over a low flame.
- Followed by 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped. Saute until it turns golden brown in color.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt as required for the onion. Mix it well.
- Now add the marinated liver and combine it well with the onion, green chilie masala.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes over low flame. In 5 minutes interval mix in between. The liver releases its juices and gets cooked.
- After 10 minutes, add 1 tsp pepper powder. Mix it well. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Our spicy chicken liver roast is ready to be served. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve.
- The liver cooks fast and in its own juices.
- Pregnant women should refrain from eating too much chicken liver as an overdose of vitamin A can harm the baby.