Chicken Curry with Coconut | A dish originating from the Indian subcontinent. A common delicacy in the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia, Great Britain as well as in the Caribbean (where it is usually referred to as curry chicken).
How to make Chicken Curry with Coconut?
A typical curry from the Indian subcontinent consists of chicken stewed in an onion- and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, tomato puree, chilly peppers, and a variety of spices. Outside South Asia, curry chicken is often made with a pre-made spice mixture known as curry powder.
In India, this curry differs in style and taste with each and every state. However, some people like it spicy and some with coconut and some without. Furthermore, do visit our other chicken recipes.
- 500gm of chicken pieces, with bone
- 2 -4 pieces of potato slices
- 1.5 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- ¾ tsp of chilly powder (adjust to taste)
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp of Eastern meat or chicken masala
- 2 tbsp of coconut pieces
- sprig of curry leaves
- 2tbsp corriander leaves
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil / sunflower oil
For roasting & grinding
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamon pods
- 1″ piece of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of fennel seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, ginger, and garlic together.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the coconut until golden brown. Switch off heat and add the whole spices : fennel, cloves, cinnamon, cardamon and fresh curry leaves. Mix together so they get some heat from the coconut. Cool and grind to a smooth paste with water. Set aside.
- Once the onions turn a dark brown, add the meat masala, turmeric, and chilly powder and fry for a minute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute for another minute.
- Add the coconut paste, coconut pieces, potato pieces and washed chicken pieces to the above mixture.
- Add salt as required.
- Mix well so that all chicken is covered with masala.
- Top up with 1 cup water and cook it covered on low flame for about 20 mins or the chicken pieces are cooked soft.
- If the gravy is too thick, you can add more water and bring to boil.
- Add corriander and curry leaves on top & serve.
Rava 190gm Powdered Sugar 150gm 4 tbsp Maida 50gm 1/2 cup Curd/Yoghurt 122.5 gm 1/2 cup milk 123 gm
I will try to upload them soon. I used a 250ml cup size.
Can you please tell the measurements in grams if possible
Nice to hear.. Sure I will come up with some delicious and easy to do ice cream recipes soon.
I have always loved eating ice cream and whenever I get a chance I never miss eating ice cream and…