Chicken 65 Biryani | Tasty | Easy | with step by step photos & video. A special kind of biryani where the cooked rice is layered with fried chicken masala and other spices. Further dum cooked with perfection.
I had already made a blog on chicken 65 recipe. Chicken 65 Biryani is different from our regular biryani. If you see the whole process it will look lengthy, but it is worth trying
To simplify the process of making this recipe, I have divided the recipe into four parts.
- Preparation of Chicken 65
- Biryani masala
- Rice preparation
- Dum cooking
In the first part we marinate the chicken pieces (bone or boneless), & then shallow frying. Mean while we cook rice with some spices & prepare biryani masala. Then finally we layer our biryani & dum cook. Let us see how it is done. We are preparing pineapple raita to be served along with our chicken65 biryani. Let us see how it is done.
Chicken 65 Biryani | Tasty | EasyCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Chicken 65 Biryani | Tasty | Easy | with step by step photos & video. A special kind of biryani where the cooked rice is layered with fried chicken masala and other spices.
- To make Chicken65
2tsp Ginger garlic paste
Fresh curry leaves
1tsp pepper powder
1/2tsp garam masala
1tsp coriander powder
1/2tsp cumin powder
1tsp Kashmiri chilly powder
1/2tbsp corn flour
Salt to taste
- For Chicken65 Biryani
2cups basmati rice
1tsp ginger crushed
1tsp garlic crushed
3tbsp coriander leaves
2tbsp mint leaves chopped
2nos green chillies
½ star anise
1/4tsp shah jeera
Salt as required
1tbsp biryani/meat masala
2 nos medium onion
- To make chicken 65
- Take 500gms chicken in a bowl. You can prefer either boneless/with bones.
- Marinate chicken pieces with 2tsp ginger garlic paste, 2sprigs curry chopped leaves, 1tsp pepper powder, 1/2tsp garam masala, 1tsp coriander powder, 1/2tsp cumin powder, 1tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder & 1tsp salt.
- Mix well & make sure all chicken pieces are marinated properly.
- Now add 1/2tbsp corn flour, 1/2tbsp maida & 2tsp oil to this mix. Combine everything well using our hands. [ Do not add more cornflour/ maida than the proportions mentioned here]. Rest this marinated pieces for 10min.
- Shallow Frying
- Now heat a kadai & add oil for shallow frying the chicken pieces.
- In medium flame, lets cook the pieces on both sides till its golden brown.
- Now chicken 65 is ready & keep it aside.
- For Preparing Biryani
- Let us fry 2nos thinly sliced medium onions in the same oil until it turns golden brown & keep it aside.[If you like to use cashews/raisins for biryani, fry at this stage]
- To cook rice let us take a pan & add 11/2tbsp oil/ghee, followed by 1tsp crushed ginger, 1tsp garlic crushed, 3tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 2tbsp chopped mint leaves, 2nos finely chopped green chilies, & all spices. (1stick cinnamon,3nos cardamom, ½ star anise, 1/4tsp shah jeera, 3nos cloves, 1/2piece mace,1bay leaf)
- Add in 2 cups basmati rice already soaked in water for 15min. Spread the rice as a layer.
- Followed by 21/2cups water mixed with salt required for rice.
- Add in 11/2tbsp oil/ghee at the top layer.
- Now switch on the flame. When water starts to boil, turn flame to medium heat. Cover the pan with a lid & wait for 15min.(Cooking time of rice varies for different varieties of rice)
- Check in intervals if water is absorbed by the rice completely in the pan. (In 15 min my rice was 85% cooked.)
- Now take 1cup curd in a bowl & mix it well with 1tbsp biryani masala/meat masala, 1/4tsp salt & 2tbsp melted butter. Add this paste above the rice & spread it evenly.
- For getting a yellow shade for biryani, mix 1pinch of saffron with 1tsp water & pour this over the curd layer.[this step is optional, or instead of saffron you can mix turmeric with water]
- As the next layer add in the fried chicken pieces, followed by fried onions.
- Now put the lid on and cook for 15 min in low flame.(If you need to add biryani /pineapple essence add at this stage.)
- Once done, switch off flame & gently mix all the layers without disturbing rice much. Let us close the lid & rest the biryani for another 10min. By doing so all the flavors will be mixed evenly in the biryani & it becomes aromatic.
- Let us serve biryani with onion/ pineapple raita for more taste.
- Pineapple Raita
- Take 1cup curd in a bowl. Add in 1/4tsp salt, 1/2tsp sugar,& 1/2cup finely chopped pineapple & mix well.(if you need, you can add chilly powder/coriander leaves/cumin powder in to the mix. ) Our raita is ready to be served with biryani.