Carrot Wine Recipe | Vegetable Wine in 10 days | with step by step photos and videos. A delicious, strong and boozy wine that can be made easily at home. Obviosly rich in color and taste.
Preparing Carrots For Wine Making
The good thing about making wine with carrots is you won’t need to chop them. I prefer grating the veggies rather than grinding them
There is a lot of flavour and colour compounds in the carrot that adds a wonderful color to the wine. Though, they need a thorough clean and scrub to remove any soil or dirt on the skin.
Raisins and spices are all good options as they boost the flavour. It is best to add the spices in small amounts to avoid overpowering or spoiling the wine.
How to make carrot wine recipe at home?
Carrot Wine Recipe | Vegetable Wine in 10 days | with step by step photos and videos. Making wine at home brings in a festive mood. It is never too late to prepare a homemade wine for this Christmas season. Firstly, do clean the carrots and grate them using a grater. The amount of sugar used here give you an average sweet, if you love to add more sweetness to your wine increase the amount of sugar. Let us check out how to make this strong wine ?
Further I would like to highlight our wine recipes. Hope you would like them also.
Carrot Wine RecipeCourse: WineCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Carrot Wine Recipe | Vegetable Wine in 10 days | with step by step photos and videos. A delicious and boozy wine that can be made easily at home and are rich in color and taste.
400 gms Carrot
400 to 500 gms Sugar
1/2 tsp Yeast
11/2 tbsp Lemon Extract
2 tbsp Sprouted Wheat
1 Litre Water (boiled & cooled)
1 small Cinnamon Stick
- Firstly, wash and clean 2 large sized carrots. Then grate them using a grater. We recommend using the large holes of grater. Now it weighs around 400 gms.
- Let us wash and clean the stone crock or glass jar using for wine making. Dry it completely.
- Now start adding the ingredients one by one. Firstly add half of the grated carrots, followed by half of the sugar, and add the remaining grated carrot and sugar. Followed by 1/2 tsp Yeast, 11/2 tbsp Lemon Extract, 2 tbsp Sprouted Wheat, whole spices like 3 Cardamom, 3 Cloves and 1 small stick of Cinnamon. Finally add l litre of boiled and cooled water.
- Fill only 3/4 portion of the wine jar.
- Now mix all the ingredients well for 2 to 3 minutes using a sterilised, cleaned and dried wooden spoon.
- Close the crack or glass jar and keep it aside from sun light.
- Open and stir it using a completely dried spoon every day at the same time. Stir for at least 1 minute.
- After 2 days, stir it using a completely dried spoon. Close and keep aside.
- After 9 days.
- On 11th day. Now strain the wine using a strainer or cloth.
- Transfer it to a glass bottle. If you feel the wine is not clear, keep the bottle idle for 1 to 2 days.
- this recipe is done in 10 days so it is must to use the sprouted whole wheat than the whole wheat.
- If you are using whole wheat it will take a lot of time to ferment.
- If using glass jar instead of stone crock then store it away from sunlight.
- Lemon Juice is added to increase acidity, complement a specific flavor and it also gives a “fresh” flavor.
Thx for pictures. Looks better than I thought.