Beans and carrot stir fry or mezhukkupuratti or sabzi is a simple and tasty Kerala (Indian) style side dish.
The first and important thing for a good stir fry is always choose young and fresh beans and carrots. Another thing is the cutting part. Try to dice them in an even and thin pieces, it helps to cook and fry vegetable pieces in a minimum time with a same texture.
- 50 grams Green beans (French Beans) , sliced diagonally
- 1 Carrot , sliced diagonally
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- Garlic 1pod
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt , to taste
- oil 2tbsp
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- dry red chilly 1 or 2
- fresh curry leaves
- To begin making the Stir Fried Carrot and Green Beans Recipe, firstly heat a fry pan with some oil, crackle the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry chilly and fresh curry leaves.
- Now add in the chopped vegetables and saute. You can add some salt and saute as it will fasten the process.
- Next add in all the spice powders including turmeric, red chilly powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, salt and saute for another 5 minutes till the raw smell goes away.
- Close the lid and cook until the vegggies are cooked.
- Serve the stir fried carrot and green beans recipe along with sambar rice and steamed rice will be nice.
I will try to upload them soon. I used a 250ml cup size.
Can you please tell the measurements in grams if possible
Nice to hear.. Sure I will come up with some delicious and easy to do ice cream recipes soon.
I have always loved eating ice cream and whenever I get a chance I never miss eating ice cream and…
Rava 190gm Powdered Sugar 150gm 4 tbsp Maida 50gm 1/2 cup Curd/Yoghurt 122.5 gm 1/2 cup milk 123 gm