Carrot Dates Cake Recipe | 1 Kg Bakery Style Cake | with step by step photos and video. A super nutritious cake with the goodness of carrots, and dates. It’s a great munch nibbles idea for kid’s snacks boxes, as they are packed with rich fruits and veggies.
A must try recipe which will never fail you and will amaze your family and friends. With soft moist texture, and dense dates and carrot flavor, the warm cake will get wiped off in a jiffy. You can even add in nuts of your choice for extra crunchiness. It doesn’t even need frosting/ icing to taste fantastic, but you can add some whipping cream or ice cream while serving, to delight your guests.
Carrots are healthy, as they have a high content of carotene and other vitamins along with fiber. The dates, as you all know, is a storehouse of minerals like Potassium and Manganese. Thus, you can be assured that this cake will curb your sweet tooth cravings with just enough sugar, while providing you with added nutritive supplements
How to make carrot dates cake recipe?
Carrot Dates Cake Recipe | 1 Kg Bakery Style Cake | with step by step photos and video. A super-moist cake which is irresistible. Moreover, a quite healthy cake, the combo of carrot, and dates make it a heaven.
Further, for the ease of understanding let us divide the making of cake into different sessions:
- Grate the carrots
- Cut the Dates
- Making the Caramel
- Prepare the Cake Tin
- Mix the Dry Ingredients
- Prepare the wet Ingredients
- Prepare the Cake Batter
Here, the carrots are grated using the small holes of the grater and the dates are cut into small chunks using a scissor. The dates are further coated in maida flour to avoid the stickiness. Make the caramel of the cake a bit dark, which compliments the color & flavor of the cake. In addition, the fusion of Cinnamon and nutmeg flavors just melts in every bite of cake piece. You could avoid these spices, it is completely optional.
Carrot Dates Cake RecipeCourse: Cake, DessertCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Carrot Dates Cake Recipe | 1 Kg Bakery Style Cake | with step by step photos and video. A super nutritious cake with the goodness of carrots, and dates
1 cup Carrot Grated
1 cup Dates approximately 25 nos
2 tbsp Maida
- Dry Ingredients
11/2 cup All Purpose Flour or Maida
11/2 cup Sugar (Powdered)
11/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder (optional)
- Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 Eggs (Large)
3 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Hot Water
- Grate the Carrots
- Firstly, peel and wash 2 medium sized carrots & grate them using the small holes of a grater. It will equal approximately 1 cup. Keep it aside.
- Cut the Dates
- Take approximately 25 dates and cut them to small chunks using a scissor.
- To avoid the stickiness of dates, add 2 tbsp maida and coat them well. Keep this aside.
- Preparing Caramel
- Heat 3 tbsp sugar in a dry pan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Swirl the pan to get the sugar caramelized equally on all portions. Make the Caramel dark.
- Once it starts foaming, add 2 tbsp hot water. It will bubble up and so be careful.
- Heat for 30 seconds and switch off the flame.
- Now add 1 cup grated carrot and mix it well.
- Keep aside to cool it completely.
- Preparing Cake Tin
- Grease little oil and place a baking sheet in a 8 inch cake pan.
- Preparing Dry Ingredients
- In a bowl add 11/2 cup All Purpose Flour or Maida, 11/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp Baking Soda, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder (optional), 1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder (optional, and 1/8 tsp salt. Mix it well using a fork or whisk.
- Now sift the dry ingredients 3 -4 times to release the air bubbles.
- Preparing Wet Ingredients
- Beat 3 eggs until it foams using a beater or whisk or a mixie.
- Now add 1 tsp Vanilla Essence and beat again until a creamy texture is obtained.
- Then add 11/2 cup Powdered Sugar little by little. Beat until sugar is dissolved and combined well.
- Now add in 1/2 cup vegetable oil and mix well.
- Lastly, add the carrot caramel mixture and beat to combine everything well over a low speed.
- Forming Cake Batter
- Sift the dry ingredients little by little once again to the wet mixture and mix it well using a spatula.
- Once they are combined well add the dates and mix it well once again.
- Our smooth cake batter is ready.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased cake tin.
- Tap it to release the captured air bubbles.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius (356 degree F) for 10 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or till done. The baking time will vary according to the size and shape of the pan. Keep watch after 45 minutes and take out and insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, your cake is perfect.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled invert to a cake board/ plate tapping at the bottom of the pan gently.
- Cut the cake and enjoy the carrot dates cake.
- Always make sure you have the correct measurements.
- You can use Whole wheat powder instead pf maida.
- Tapping the pans will force any air bubbles to the surface, which can help avoid holes in your finished cake.
- Flour, baking powder and Cinnamon/nutmeg powder should be mixed well. Sift 3 -4 times to release air bubbles.