Caramel Banana Rava Pudding | Flan | Eggless and Oil Free Semolina Pudding Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Rich creamy ,soft caramel pudding with banana flavour topped with caramel sauce and a slice of banana. An easy to do healthy pudding recipe with ripe bananas. Moreover, It tastes extremely delicious. A known dessert recipe in European countries and an integral part of full course meal.
It is far different from the banana halwa recipe. Generally halwa is made using lots of ghee. This pudding is an oil free steamed pudding recipe. Make this rich and delicious banana and caramel steamed pudding in your steamer for a moist, sweet dessert.
Pudding recipe is not native to Indian cuisine and was only introduced lately. But has been appreciated widely across India and has become one of the main sources of Indian dessert recipe.
How to make caramel banana rava pudding or flan?
Caramel Banana Rava Pudding | Flan | Eggless and Oil Free Semolina Pudding Recipe | with step by step photos and video.The classic caramel custard is favourite in our house especially in festive occasions so for a change tried with banana flavour and it was really yummy. Along with the banana mix add a bit of custard powder and rava gives it a rigid and moist texture upon steaming. The rava or semolina or suji used in the recipe can be either roasted or not roasted. You may have to be careful while mixing custard powder to milk. You need to stir it continuously and ensure it does not form lumps.
The recipe is extremely simple and is made with very basic ingredients. Basically, the sugar is caramelized to thick golden color. It is used as a base and added first to mould. While making the caramel sauce be careful not to burn it. Burning it adds a bitter taste to your pudding recipe. To this, the banana custard rava or semolina sauce is added which is further steamed and chilled till it gets the shape. It may take few (2-3) hours to set. While serving it is turned upside down with caramel at the top.
Served warm or chilled, this caramel-glazed classic is both a comforting and elegant dessert. Having the pudding chilled after 2 hrs makes it more delicious. Moreover, a slice of banana is placed on top of caramel syrup gives it a rich look.
In addition, I would like to highlight our other trending pudding recipes also. Hope you would love them.
Caramel Banana Rava Pudding | FlanCourse: PuddingCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Medium
Caramel Banana Rava Pudding | Flan | Eggless and Oil Free Semolina Pudding Recipe | with step by step photos and video. Rich creamy ,soft caramel pudding with banana flavour topped with caramel sauce and a slice of banana.
- For the Caramel Sauce
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Water
- For Making Pudding
2 Ripe Bananas
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp Custard Powder
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Rava/Semolina/Sooji
- Before you begin, have the pudding molds ready. It can be any cake molds of steel or aluminium molds too.
- For the Caramel Sauce
- Place pan over low-medium heat, add 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp water.
- Gradually heat the two ingredients until sugar dissolves. You’ll notice the syrup changing color from, lighter brown to a lighter amber then to dark amber and finally dark brown(warning-the last two stages, can lead to extreme bitterness of the sugar syrup). You need to remove the caramelized sugar syrup just as it changes to light amber as the syrup will continue to cook with the remaining heat and reach a darker amber.
- Pour the caramel syrup into the mold, swirl so the syrup spreads evenly in the bottom and around. Set aside.
- For Making Pudding
- Slice 2 ripe bananas and add it to a blender. Followed by 1/2 cup Sugar, and 1 cup Milk.
- Blend it to a smooth paste.
- Add this banana paste into a pan. Place the pan over a medium-high flame.
- Stir continuously and once it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp custard powder and 1/2 water. Form a lump free slurry.
- Add this to the boiling banana mix and stir continuously. Add a pinch of salt to it.
- Once it starts to thicken add 1/4 cup semolina .
- Mix and boil for 1 minute. Once it achieves this consistency, switch off the flame.
- Pour the mix into the mold. Cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Heat a steamer and once it steams out. Place the mold over a stand.
- Cover and steam for about 30 minutes over a low flame.
- Remove from flame.
- Leave it to cool and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving for best results.
- Then place a saucer or plate over the pudding and turn it upside down. Gently tap the mold and remove the pudding. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Cut and serve with some banana slices and caramel syrup.
- Be cautious not to burn the caramel sauce. If you burn it adds a bitter taste to your pudding.
- The timing may vary based on the size of the mold. If it is a wide pan do check after 20 minutes.