Cappuccino | A cappuccino is an espresso-based coffee drink that originated in Italy, and is traditionally prepared with steamed milk foam. Possibly the most popular type of coffee in the world, a cappuccino consists of three layers (kind of like a cake).
The first is a shot of espresso, then a shot of steamed milk, and finally the barista adds a layer of frothed, foamy milk. This final layer can also be topped with chocolate shavings. I share here with you a homemade cappuccino recipe:
FOR CAPPUCCINO MIXTURE:
- ¼ cup instant coffee powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp water
OTHER INGREDIENT : milk, as required
- In a large bowl take ¼ cup instant coffee powder, ¼ cup sugar and 3 tbsp water.
- mix well till sugar is dissolved.
- beat the mixture using hand beater or whisk or blender.
- beat for 5 minutes or until the mixture turns frothy and lightens in colour.
- make sure the mixture is thick and creamy. you can store this mixture for a week in an airtight container by refrigerating.
- To prepare cappuccino, heat 2 cups of milk.
- whisk and get the milk to boil to make the milk frothy.
- in a cup, add 1 tbsp of cappuccino mixture.
- top with a cup of frothy milk and mix gently.
- to make it stronger, add a tbsp of more cappuccino mixture and mix gently.