Cafe Americano is made by adding hot water to an espresso shot. The water dilutes the espresso a bit, giving you the volume of a drip, but with an espresso taste.
- 4–18 grams espresso coffee beans
- hot or almost boiling water
- espresso machine
- Measure out your beans for a double shot. Grind them really fine.
- Tamp the beans, then put the portafilter into its spot on the machine.
- Make the espresso.
- Heat up the water to 160-170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the espresso into the hot water, mix 1 part espresso to 2 parts water.
- Enjoy americano.
I really like and appreciate your article. Thanks Again. Sula Yankee Murtha
Major thankies for the blog article. Much obliged. Lanny Wilton O’Hara